cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Router will not sync

N/A

Router will not sync

Hi, I've recently re-signed up with PN at a new address and been online less than a month. For some reason the other night our ADSL router stopped sync'ing with the exchange, just cut out dead. We've swapped out the router, microfilter, extension cable, everything, but with no luck. The phoneline itself works fine, making and recieveing calls with no problem. My only though is that BT has de-activated our line for some reason? Our account status here is all fine. Whats going on and what should I do? help!

Oli
3 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Router will not sync

Does your ADSL light show at all? ie is it flashing or just not lit.
If its the latter then there is no signal coming from the exchange.
If it is flashing then you have an ADSL signal but it may for some reason be too week to allow sync.
N/A

Router will not sync

It flashes constantly but according the the self test on my adsl router it means there is either no connection to the phone line (which there is) or the line is not activated for ADSL, which it was about 3 weeks ago. Should I just ring BT? Which bit of BT?

Oli
Community Veteran

Router will not sync

No you need to contact Plusnet using either a Link:Contact us ticket or call them on 0845 1400200 as they will need to pass it on to BT for you.