Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Router sync speed

J_i_m
Grafter

Router sync speed

Hi!

For about the last or so, my router sync rate keeps dropping from 4000-5000 down to about 80. I've run the line tests and speed tests and have an unanswered ticket waiting to be answered.

Any ideas as to what could be causing it? The router is connected directly to the master socket and I've changed the microfilter.

Router is a BT Voyager 2091 running firmware version 3.01t.

Thanks!
6 REPLIES
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 158

Router sync speed

If the sync rate is fluctuating that wildly then it would suggest a couple of things....

Is there something either in your premises electrical setup that has recently changed? Or do you notice anything external to your premises happening at the time of the sync drops?

It is also possible that the router is reporting the sync speed incorrectly but this is obviously not easy to test without using a different router to compare against.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Chris Parr
 Plusnet Help Team
J_i_m
Grafter

Router sync speed

There doesn't appear to be anything happening locally. It also seems to happen at random times of the day so I can't pin it down to street lights or anything like that.

It dropped both today yesterday during work hours when no-one is in the house so I don't think it could be another appliance.
chymorva
Grafter

Router sync speed

Hi,

I very much doubt if the router is reporting the sync speed incorrectly ( ie working OK but indicating incorrectly ), however it is very possible that the modem part of the router is faulty. I very recently had a fault whereby my connection would randomly drop - it turned out to be a faulty router.
You say you have already changed your filter (another favourite for causing sync problems) so the next thing is to try another router.
Hope this helps.
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Router sync speed

How often does it happen? As Phil suggests it could well be the router especially if it's random. One other thought do you have any thing else connected to line, e.g. Sky box or alarm system? If so have you tried it without everything else connected?
J_i_m
Grafter

Router sync speed

There is a sky box connected. I shall remove it for a while and see if it helps.

I've stayed synched at 3487 for a few hours now. A bit lower than I'm used to, but I can live with it.
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Router sync speed

Sky boxes are one of the common causes of faults like these, sometimes you only notice it when the Sky box calls home which is normally overnight.