cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Router lock up with torrents

Trapper_Dave
Grafter

I'm using a Belking F5D7632-UK4A router. After using torrents for anywhere between ten and thirty minutes certain internet actions lock up, namely browsing and sometimes IM, but Xbox Live will still work and so will the torrent download albeit at a ridiculously low speed.

Has anyone else experienced it or have any idea of how I could remedy it?
4 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Are you running the latest firmware?

Sounds like the router cannot handle the number of connections you are using so reduce them in your bittorrent app to a point where it is happy. Try 100 -> 200 then increase in 50s until it locks up then go back 100.
Trapper_Dave
Grafter

I'm using the latest version of the firmware. At Belkins request I've reinstalled it about eight times now.

The number of global connections were already at 120, so I've dropped it to 100 and I'll give it a try. Thanks for the help.
N/A

Hmm

You could also be reaching the 10 un-connected session limit introduced with XP.

Basically you PC can't have more than XX half open TCP/IP sessions.

^his thing will allow you to change the limit.

http://lvllord.de/download.php?url=en/EvID4226Patch223d-en.zip

but then again i could be talking rubbish and your belkin might be pants.
sophos9
Grafter

The software OS running on a local PC is different from the router. Most probable just like the BT Voyager that the amount of connections passes the limits of the router

Also probable again just like the Voyager that a command can be entered via telnet to raise the amount of connections