cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Router has not arrived and Plusnet Help Useless

N/A

I have placed my order and the money is now being deducted from my credit card but the router has not turned up.

I have spent hours trying to get hold of someone and get passed from pillar to post either electronically or by a person.

Apparently the router has been shipped but has never arrived How on earth do you get hold of a company that has an average wait time of 1 hour and no email address to report issues.

I have been recommending Plusnet to people but am now going to stop and am thinkingof canceling my account and going with someone like Pipex....

If anyone from sales or support gets this i would appreciate some indication as to how I resolve this problem (ie can a new router be sent out asap)

Robin
10 REPLIES
James
Grafter

Hi Robin,

I've raised this internally and someone should get back to you as soon as possible.
N/A

Hi James

I look forward to a speedy reply as to be honest I am very unhappy with the service so far.

Thanks

Robin
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Hi,

We've raised this with our hardware checking team to try and find out what's happening here as the tracker number isn't showing up for some reason.

As soon as we know what's happening we'll update the ticket on your account.
N/A

What is my ticket?

How long am I going to have to wait as this has now been going on far too long and taken far too much time.

Robin
N/A

Once they have your money, they don't seem too concerned about providing any kind of service. That has been my experience anyway.

If I was you, I would investigate any cooling off periods under consumer law that I might be entitled to, and cancel immediately.

You may still have to pay some money to PlusNet, but trust me, in my experience, better off that then stay.
N/A

Whats the OP going to use to read his ticket?

@Dave

Do new customers have to be telepathic now?

Hi,

We've raised this with our hardware checking team to try and find out what's happening here as the tracker number isn't showing up for some reason.

As soon as we know what's happening we'll update the ticket on your account.

Dave Tomlinson
PlusNet Customer Support
/quote
N/A

I had the same problem. I found that you do not have any cooling off period after you have clicked the "I Agree" button for your order of the service. But you may be able to cancel the hardware order under the cooling-off period. PN agreed to bill me only when I had another modem up and running (least they could do as they had stopped my dial-up account even though it was in credit and I spent over £30 on dialup payg form another ISP). The hardware is not really cheap and I now realise that hoping to get support in setting up their hardware is not practicable as things are with PN at the moment. The modem did arrive weeks after the activation date by which time I had been back on line for more than a week (I declined delivery). So you would be better off getting out of that part of your order if you can (check the dates for the cooling off perod). It (the contract) is not a bundle. :!:
naps
ceridwen
Grafter

What is my ticket?

"Ticket" is the old name for "Question" raised under Help and Support.

PN renamed Ticket to Question as apparently this was less confusing for customers - although in practice it is more confusing (especially as many people, PN included, still refer to them as tickets).

Matthew
N/A

I am trying to cancel under the 'cooling off' period as stated in the Consumer Credit Act 1974, and the Online Trading regulations.

But someone still has to read the damm ticket, sorry question.

Please if anyone is there can you either CANCEL MY TRANSFER TO YOU OR ISSUE A MAC CODE so I can escape. PLEASSSSEEE

Do I have to beg Smiley I will, at this point I would even stay with AOL.

Annette
N/A

I had the same problem. I found that you do not have any cooling off period after you have clicked the "I Agree" button for your order of the service.

Only if the service is supplied instantly, with DSL it is not, therefore you have 7 days BY LAW to change your mind. But remember there is a 30 days FREE TRIAL if you have migrated here, like me, so they can not really stop you getting a MAC code.

Or you can always cancel your BT line, then reprovision it a couple days later minus any broadband marker. Wink

Annette