cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Router cannot connect at all this morning.........

kiasu
Grafter

Anyone else having similar problems?

Can't see anything dodgy under Plusnets 'Service Status' that may account for this.

Have tried the usual reconnect without any luck.

Anyone have any suggestions please?

Kiasu
9 REPLIES
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 62

Hi there,

Last time you were connected from what I can see here was 03:57 this morning. Connectivity before then seems intermittent at best.

Try removing everything from the phone line, avoid using extension cabling, plug directly into the master socket and try swapping your filters out. If things remain the same then I'd raise a fault here.

Rgds,

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Products Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

N/A

Re: Router cannot connect at all this morning.........

Anyone else having similar problems?

Yes, I have the same problem. Mine started yesterday and I have done all that Bob has suggested and it's still not working. I'm on dial up at the moment.
N/A

Me too. Yesterday morning I had to reboot my router for it to connect; this morning I've had to reboot twice already.
N/A

...and it seems I can't even raise a fault as suggested by Bob. When I go to http://faults.plus.net/ it claims I have a fault currently open, but clicking 'View Fault Status' yields nothing.
kiasu
Grafter

Att Bob Pullin

Hi Bob,

Tried your suggestions without any luck.

tried using the Local area connection repair option butr is said, "Windows could not finish repairing the problem because the following action cannot be completed: Renewing your IP address."

What happened at your end at just gone 3am this morning for my router/modem to lose its connection please Bob?

It has been working fine until then but now I cannot access my desktop PC nor my Laptop PC via the wireless router.

I am writing this on my work PC which is installed at home via a totally seperate business line.

Please advise.

Meanwhile, I will attempt to open a fault ticket with Plusnet.

Cheers

Kiasu
kiasu
Grafter

This is a real pain..........ATT BOB PULLIN AT PLUSNET

I have managed to access the service again.

However, it drops every 10 minutes or so. (Check my details at your end)

What is happening please? This started just after 3am this morning around the time I understand that Plusnet was 'tinkering' with the service.

When will I have a constant connection again please?
Other than the P2P slow speeds, I have not had any problems with connecting for many months.

Is this something to do with the fact that I am using a router rather than a standard modem to connect?

Many thanks

Kiasu
N/A

tried using the Local area connection repair option butr is said, "Windows could not finish repairing the problem because the following action cannot be completed: Renewing your IP address."

This is just a tool to renew the connection between your PC and your Router. It won't 'repair' the connection to PN.
kiasu
Grafter

Still have connection problems

Still having problems keeping a connection via my router.

anyone else having similar?

Kiasu
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Hi,

Does the router lose sync (usually indicated by a flashing ADSL light)? If so then it's unlikely to be as a result of any maintenance work our side (because a loss of sync will be caused by something between your equipment and your local exchange). Your ticket's with our faults guys who'll test the line and see if they can find any problems for you.