Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Round of applause for D Tomlinson

N/A

I think its time people stopped giving plusnet and its employees grief

Ok they may be terrible at communicating with their customers
and dream up new policy's every few weeks

But if you are not happy with them , then its time to find another isp and migrate away (like i have done)

I imagine D tomlinson feels like comical ali some days , constantly having to deny things even though he knows whats coming next

What tanks ? i see no tanks
10 REPLIES
N/A

To be fair, I haven't seen many people having a go at anyone other than Neil Armstrong. In my piece to customer services asking for my MAC I thanked them for what they had done, as I guess a lot of thers have. No issue with them - most gripes appear to be with the management rather than the guys who interface with us, the plebs who pay for the nice biccies in the boardroom.
Community Veteran

Neil's taken a fair bit of flak, but not nearly as much as Dave or Ben. I would agree the whole of the CS staff should be given a round of applause.
N/A

Hear hear. In my experience, they've always delivered the goods.
channel
Grafter

Maybe then, Daniel, you would consider changing your sig, which I suspect is neither boosting morale nor encouraging their interaction.

For the record, it currently states "Proud to be part of the public whipping of plus net staff club."
N/A

Their communication with me has been fine. On the first day my line was activated I couldn't log in, rang them up, within 30s of speaking to the guy on the end of the phone I had a working account. The only other time I have contacted them so far is to have my account upgraded to premier, after a few days when the automated system hadn't replied and I hadn't been upgraded I sent a ticket.

Within 2 hrs of the ticket I had a reply, lost the internet connection for about 5s and had a premier account, with a nice reply stating that there had been a problem with the automated system, which they apologised for and mentioned that my account was now a premier account. So indeed they have been good with their personal communication.
Community Veteran

Maybe then, Daniel, you would consider changing your sig, which I suspect is neither boosting morale nor encouraging their interaction.

For the record, it currently states "Proud to be part of the public whipping of plus net staff club."

Good point, will do.
N/A

LOL....you really think by demanding to stop giving PN grief is gonna stop all this?
You need your head screwed on matey!
The amount of posts i read from customers being unhappy with PN is shocking. That includes me too....Im stuck with them-if i could i would leave them without even thinking. All this traffic shaping malarky is a disgrace! Shame on PN!!!
Evil
Community Veteran

Hang on i'm not saying you shouldn't give PN greif, I'm saying that you shouldn't give the CS guys who are only carrying out the instructions of their managers or the comms team who do what they can for us (especially Dave - but then he's around most atm) wether you are happy or not I don't think comes into this.

Also if an agent does not read your ticket properly then this should be pointed out and corrected.
N/A

okies....well you correct in saying that about the agents. They only doing their jobs. What can they do? so no offence to any of you PN workers
Smiley
N/A

Customers have the right to be upset, I doubt anybody is saying that freedom should not be allowed.

I also feel nobody is saying people should not raise their concerns, bcause they are very valid and many need to be taken on board.

The real problem is the way in which people act after make their complaint. They almost badger the staff members on the forums, to the point where they can't cope with the amount they are faced with.

It gets to a point where they simply don't reply to threads any longer, as the help they attempt to provide is simply picked at, for the pleasure of themselves, ignoring the needs for the action answers.

Just because a service is unsatisfactory, it doesn't mean the help the staff attempt to provide is usless. Personaly, it's forum members that are making the help provided unsatisfactory, and not the staff.

They are afterall, nothing more than a pawn in the bigger game. They are not responsible for the anger, but they sure are the wants who take the brunt of it.

So yes, people calming down would help. Repetative questionsing, raising of meaningless comments that destract from threads are both a major cause of important questions not being answered. People claiming question go unanswered, do they realise that one question is only one of many important ones, in the mess that constitutes a thread?