cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Right i've had enough i'm off.

N/A

OK after a few months of awful download speeds, gaming lag and random connections drops, i now find out that the UNLIMITED broadband i've been paying for is a lie. Well enough is enough, im off to find an ISP that doesnt throttle or shape my bandwith usage like plus net does, and it seems like im not the only one. So i have a question to all the others fleeing this sinking ship, where are you all going? I've read good things about Zen and also UK online, but with both i have to go back to 50:1 contention, so any opinions will be welcome.

Also when I joined plusnet I signed up for one year but have heard that i can opt out of the annual contract and move now, maybe with some sort of fee involved? A price I'm more than willing to pay.
10 REPLIES
csogilvie
Grafter

i now find out that the UNLIMITED broadband i've been paying for is a lie.

Given your sign up date, you have never been paying for UNLIMITED broadband.
N/A

Must be Plusnet's ultra-clear marketing that made him think he did.
N/A

The thing that annoys me is that i was sucked in by it. Even more so is that when i had connection problems i felt sure it must be something my end, so i bought a new router, ripped my carpet up to lay a ethernet cable cos i thought it was my wireless dropping, and had BT engineers out checking my line for problems. I mean plusnet appears to have won all these awards, it couldnt be them. I think im off to zen.

So can i get out of my annual direct debit contract early> How much is it gonna cost me?
N/A

any deffered fee's + the rest of contract time most likely
N/A

Found out its gonna cost me £247 to cancel subscription. Either that or i can keep getting crappy service for 8 months. What a choice!
N/A

and this is why they offer a monthly subscription Cheesy means you can leave whenever. You could always hope they change the Ts&Cs again and offer a drop out.
N/A

Found out its gonna cost me £247 to cancel subscription. Either that or i can keep getting crappy service for 8 months. What a choice!

get intouch with trading stadards, i did and managed to get out of my contract,
N/A

What exactly did you say to them nikk? Dont think its fair that i'm stuck for a year not getting what i signed up for. Got the number also?
N/A

well if you signed up for 2mb, the speed should be 2mb,,,

so if they restrict the speed it's not 2mb
N/A

Ill soon be migrating to Zen also.

I am also on 2mb and was paying £29.99 same price as Zen is now. plusnet decided to reduce this to £21.99 and now they cant manage there bandwith without it affecting customers. Seems like plusnet underestimated their running costs and now need us to suffer as they can sort things out.

My main problem is since sup my complete internet has been dire not to mention online gaming. Also the change in peak times is just plain stupid how can they include another 8 hours onto it because they decided to implement a system which cant handle the bandwith being used. two words BETA TESTING.

These make me think plusnet may be struggling for cash as an isp which was rated one of the top not provide an unmetered service to any customers and others can, im also wondering is plusnet staff and bosses have metered lines!