Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Retention Package

N/A

Retention Package

Hi There,

My first post here.

I have been with metronet for two and a bit years, I am happy with the service.

As a potential 'jumper' due to the recent 'take over' though I thought I read some where that some sort of retention package was being assembled to entice customers to stay.

My situation is I need a few more email addresses and some web space. It does look like NewNet will provide me with that for a few pence more than I currently pay.

Any news about it would be welcome.

Kind Regards,

Losbad
13 REPLIES
James
Grafter

Retention Package

Hi there,

We've not actually implemented a retention scheme as of yet, but it's in my list of things to look at for the next phase of the rollout.

If you want to drop me an email though, I'll be happy to have a quick chat about some options.
N/A

Retention Package

metronet used to be the mutts nutts , unfortunatly times change.
N/A

Retention Package

metronet used to be the mutts nutts , unfortunatly times change.

my experience is that the service off metronet has gone from a good company to probably the worst there is in 1 week.

i doubt if my pc will ever connect again to metronet

whats more it does not look as if they are too bothered anyway.

the service is now diabolical to say the least.

i have been having problems since 12 th feb.

they have dissconnected me,

i think because they cannot take my last months money from my credit card...which has not changed
and although i have checked the details for them of my card.

THEY STILL HAVE NOT TOOK MY MONEY AND I STILL CANNOT CONNECT.

i know capital letters means i am shouting....well I AM.

a very disatisfied costomer

arthur
James
Grafter

Retention Package

Arthur,

Appreciate you're not overly impressed, but at least do me a favour and keep your complaints to the relevant areas of this forum okay?
N/A

Retention Package

I have just read Jameseh comment about keeping things relevant and am amazed at the boldness of his statement. With a "Contact Us" system that loses tickets, takes twice as long to get a lame response from than their estimate, all backed up by snide remarks from support staff and telephone waiting times that frankly are just not worth the wait. I am moving all the Metronet connections we have elsewhere. I agree with the earlier comments that you guys have completely dropped the ball with this change-over and what used to be responsive and helpful support for a bargain basement price has turned into oppressive over automation and lacklustre attitudes towards customer care - well done to PlusNet for taking something really good and turning them into the ISP equivilent of PC World! Sad
(And yes, if you are reading this then I'll guess you can pretty much work out what the "suggestion" is)
N/A

Retention Package

I have had my own moans just of late but I don't think it unreasonable to ask that topics are submitted in the correct area (he wasn't rude). That said I completely agree with your comments :shock:
Many years ago I was with BT (pre DSL) and the forums there were completely out of control, became unusable and were subsequently closed.

Neil
James
Grafter

Retention Package

Ecsadmin,

I appreciate your comments and completely understand the frustration that Arthur was going through. However, there are correct places to discuss frustrations about loss of service, and this isn't that place.
N/A

Retention Package

Thank you for your response, where would you prefer me to air these views as I would like to know that the correct person is listening?
James
Grafter

Retention Package

If you have an issue with your service, community support is always the best place.
N/A

Retention Package

I know its your empire James but with the same aim in mind could I suggest that 'Announcements' would be the place for the Network Management Automation announcement etc. It might get folk in the habit of looking there.

Regards,
Tom
James
Grafter

Retention Package

Good idea.
N/A

Retention Package

Arthur,

Appreciate you're not overly impressed, but at least do me a favour and keep your complaints to the relevant areas of this forum okay?

Ok, answer me this then? Since day one with Metronet, it was faultless, your cs just brilliant, then plusnet, only one step above NTHell take over, and it all goes t*ts up!

If there is a repetition of last weekend's nightmare, I shall be looking for my MAC, and goodbye. Sorry, it was good while it lasted.
N/A

Bad Service?

Can't see what your probs are. I have been with Metronet since almost start of service. Not had a single prob all the way thru including the changeover recently. I am watching the service re the recent take-over and relevant changes but so far happy. In my experience many problems are 'pilot error' or self inflicted. My emails are quick often arriving while I am still on the phone to the sender or recipient. I was recently double charged for a bill but it was dealt with instantly. My advice is if you have a problem sort it sensibly don't use the forum to carry on an argument.

:lol: :lol: