cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restrictions or Throttling?

N/A

Speedtests are suggesting most thins are dandy (around 1700Kbps).

However when using news leecher to download larger files (those around 5 gig) my speeds drop during the day to 90Kpbs.

To frustrate matters just downloaded a large file from Microsoft at 2280 Kbps.

Are there restrictions on the system?

What am I doing wrong?

Aweful to say but my Virgin Net 512k ADSl was always at full throttle night or day I may even be missing Richard Branson!!!
5 REPLIES
N/A

what account do you have?
N/A

Look at his Sig

Smiley
N/A

Hi there,

You will not be restricted on a premier product.

As you have seen, speed tests show your connection performing as normal.

Your difficulty is with the locations from which you are downloading and it is their performance or popularity that is causing your problem.

The only accounts which are managed / shaped or restricted are the BB plus accounts where priority is given to browsing and email.

If a premier account has become restricted it would be because the customer has maxed out their downloading and would be contacted by Plus Net and advised to moderate their downloading habits. I havent seen any evidence of this happening yet.
N/A

Thanks. My exhange is due to be upgraded in August, perhaps that will help.
N/A

Your difficulty is with the locations from which you are downloading and it is their performance or popularity that is causing your problem.

Difficulty downloading from "locations" newsleecher = newsgroups ?
shouldnt have any dificulty there, even if the post is incompleete it shouldnt decrease the download rate, and since its not like p2p there is no upload in return.