cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Response to Usenet Service Improvements

Alecto
Grafter

Are you going to do the same thing for the first 15Gb of P2P as well Stewart?

This seems unfair on those of us who use torrents rather than usenet.
8 REPLIES
N/A

Excellent news Stewart. If (and I don't personally anticipate this) you should go over the 15gb limit then would it revert to a normal bronze priority?(i.e would it still be possible to get a decent utilisation on overnight downloads). Could you also confirm whether the 15gb includes headers or not.

Thanks

Peter
N/A

All usenet traffic is included and it will revert to a lower priority when it gets to 15Gb but should be useable still beyond that limit.

As for p2p this is much more difficult to do at the moment until there have been some further network advancements and even when there have it is more difficult. For a start we do not host a p2p service as we do with usenet and also there are many many protocols running over a number of ports which would make management very difficult and would affect other services.
Alecto
Grafter

I'd thought deep packet inspection would take care of that for you.
After all, you've got to examine it to throttle it.

Anyway, I'll take that as a No shall I?
N/A

Threads split from original announcement to allow original to be stickied.
N/A

so the 15GB applies anytime, not just peak/offpeak (?)
JonathanW
Grafter

Hi,

Yes the 15gb applies at anytime, rather than just either off peak or on peak. Also keep in mind that it also falls under the SUP.
N/A

Just a shame this wasn't made clear a week or so ago, the 15gb silver queue before going into the bronze queue would have been fine by me as i'm an off peak user anyway so (hopefully) the bronze queue wouldn't have slowed me down too much should i have used the 15gb.
But... the word 'allowance' was used so i was led to believe that usenet was going to be capped so i applied for my mac key although i haven't used it yet but i have paid the deferred actiivation and modem costs.
N/A

Threads split from original announcement to allow original to be stickied.

A request.

When you split a post, can you please include a link to it's parent. Yes I can track it down, but if I want to refer to it again, it's a pain.