cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Response to Questions (Tickets)

waldron
Grafter

The Customer Support Statistics show that the Average Closure Time is 4 hours, 49 minutes, 12 seconds (although it also shows Last Updated as May 30, 2007 at 7:14am).
Not very useful statistics then!
A Question I raised yesterday at 5:34pm still shows "Awaiting support team answer".

Is the Question facility still functioning, or has it been suspended?
20 REPLIES
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 159

Hi there,

The average closure time is just that, an average. Some tickets do take longer to answer, some are answered quicker than the 4 hours. I'll go give someone a nudge to answer this one for you, I might even answer it myself

Cheesy
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Chris Parr
 Plusnet Staff
waldron
Grafter

Thanks Chris. That was quick!
You recommended I obtain a wireshark capture (whatever that is). I can download the software but haven't a clue what to do with it. Can anyone on here give me an 'idiots guide' please.
waldron
Grafter

The average closure time is just that, an average. Some tickets do take longer to answer, some are answered quicker than the 4 hours.

However, in this case, the statistics are at least 30 hours out of date, which is meaningless.
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

A hastily pulled together tutorial Cheesy

* Firstly, start Wireshark by double clicking the application icon on your desktop.

* Select Options from the Capture menu.

* Select the relevant network interface from the drop-down at the top of the Options window. If you're using a router this will be your Network (NIC) card. If using a USB modem the interface is still likely to be listed as a network adapter but should be distinguishable by its description.

* At this stage you should also enter a descriptive name in the File: field. By default this is pointed at your desktop.

* At this point, it is best to shutdown any other applications that might be causing network traffic like IM clents, email clients and P2P apps. Failure to do this can make it difficult to interpret the captures.

* Click Start to start capturing traffic.

* Once the packet capture has been started you should proceed to start the application or download that you are wanting to check the priority of.

Once this has captured around 10 seconds of traffic stop the capture and attach the file onto the ticket on your account.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Chris Parr
 Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

However, in this case, the statistics are at least 30 hours out of date, which is meaningless

I'll get that addressed asap.
 Chris Parr
 Plusnet Staff
waldron
Grafter

Chris - thanks for the tutorial. I'll give it a go tomorrow.

(I see the statistics are working again)
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

It's just knowing who to kick and when Wink
 Chris Parr
 Plusnet Staff
Laugh
Grafter

Nice kicking Chris Cheesy

But on a serious note, this issue has been raised countless times in these forums but PN do not seem to grasp the meaning of "up to the minute" statistics Shockedops: . And, quite frankly, it's embarrassing!

I'm leaving soon and I'm making this post not to be deliberately nasty but to give reasons why I'm leaving and, hopefully, give PN guidelines on how to stop others from leaving. PN are a damn fine ISP who should be proud of themselves for what they can achieve and ashamed of themselves for where they fail:

Good Points:

Open and Honest
    Good Value Package
    Extensive Package
    Domain Hosting
    Domain Registration
    Polite and Helpful Staff

Bad Points:

Constantly miss their own deadlines
    Service Status virtually always not up-to-date
    Up-to-the-minutes statistics might be called up-to-the-day statistics and still would be out-of-date
    Ticket responses bear no resemblance to what was asked
    Communication to Customers
    Management posting on external forums

From my point of view the failures of PN that have lead to me leaving are basic management ones. Simple things to fix that they seem to choose to ignore. In an IT world things do go wrong and it's the handling of those issues that make the difference. I've been away for 3 days [Me and the wife took the kids to Alton Towers and I got to ride Rita - Wow :shock: - Anyway gone OT- sorry Shockedops: ]

Yes, I've been away for 3 days and I come back to PMs from others (long standing customers of PN) who are also leaving. The postmaster fiasco is an eye-watering self-imposed injury!

If PN had followed basic (and I mean basic) administrative and managerial procedures I would still be a customer. They seem to be a company that want to be innovative like a heart surgeon striving for new ways to shine on the world stage yet get engulfed in the gloom of headlines showing that the hospital is losing patients to poor hygiene standards.

Clean up your act PlusNet and you may shine again Smiley
N/A

I'm in the same boat as Jason but to his list of bad points I'd add:
  • Basic technical failures - to adequately back up emails, cgi etc
  • Failure to adopt simpler or common-sense, user-friendly, solutions in favour of complexity (e.g. the latest mailbox fiasco)
  • Not listening to suggestions from technically competent people on these forums (of whom I'm not one but there are many!)
waldron
Grafter

Have the Question Handling statistics got stuck again? They are showing

Last updated: June 4, 2007, 7:15 am
Mand
Grafter

Hi there,

The ticket statistics are only updated once each day, in the morning. It's now showing as updated this morning so is fine.

The call statistics are obviously updated more regularly.
Neil_A
Grafter

The ticket statistics are only updated once each day, in the morning. It's now showing as updated this morning so is fine.

Hmmm. So how about we add some wording to the page of "stats updated once a day" or something like that to manage expectations?
waldron
Grafter

If they are only updated once a day, then surely they should state over exactly what period the 'average' is. For example - something like "for the 24 hours ended 07:00 on 5 June 2007"
Laugh
Grafter

Hmmm. So how about we add some wording to the page of "stats updated once a day" or something like that to manage expectations?

Would you Adam and Eve it! :shock:

I'm in my last week of being with PlusNet and the thing that I've been droning on about for God knows how long finally seems to be getting through!

Perhaps there is hope for those of you who have stayed - I hope so.

@Neil. Does this also mean that you are going to revisit the definition of "up-to-the-minute" call statistics as well Wink Perhaps "up-to-the-3-minute" may be more apt? Cool