cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Requested MAC key 21/7/06 - still nothing!

N/A

Received an update on 8/8/06:

"**internal** eu requesting a mac key"

That was it!

PlusNet just give me my key so I can be on my way!!

Disgusted.

Evil
8 REPLIES
N/A

If your on LLU, it's not that simple I'm afraid.

But if your on MaxDSL, then there's really no excuse if your a fully paid up customer.
N/A

yeah I'm on LLU, I understand it's not as simple and is a 'manual' process but the bottom line is if PlusNet hadn't messed up my connection, had got in touch, did respond to tickets, and didn't move me in the first place without warning neither of us would be in this position. I wouldn't have finally lost my rag, and they wouldn't have to do this 'time consuming' work because they've lost a customer!!

I hate to think this way, but one can't help wondering why it should take so long to sort. They have you by the n*ts basically!!
N/A

If you point out to them an ISP that accepts LLU MACs, then they seem to be quicker to generate them.

If you read this thread -> http://portal.plus.net/central/forums/viewtopic.php?t=41008&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=60 then you will notice that Ian clearly states (about LLU):

Users should never be financially disadvantaged by this and I agree that would be wrong. Point me to a situation where this is happening and I will make sure we find a way to deal with that to the customers satisfaction.

So if you want to move to a non-LLU ISP, which means that you need your line ceasing and reactivating, PN should foot the £47 bill, as it was in there own interests to move you to a LLU service.
N/A

Thanks squidgey, that's a handy post to note. I did point out to them (after they asked) that the ISP accepts LLU MACs but that doesn't seem to have sped up the process at all.

The whole situation has been so frustrating!
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Hi,

The LLU Mac key process is currently a trial, as such it is an entirely manual process not just to place a migration but also to generate the Mac. With IPStream it's a couple of button clicks to generate a Mac, unfortunately it just isn't the same with LLU and will take longer to generate. We'll get it for you as soon as we can.
N/A

Hi Dave,

Thanks for acknowledging. Unfortunately, and call me harsh if you will but that simply isn't fair or good enough. I never asked to be moved to LLU, never asked for no connection, never asked for speeds slower than on BT previously after I finally got a connection on LLU and I have to be honest never wanted to move away from PlusNet but I've no choice with the situation the way it is.

Put yourself on our side of the fence for a moment, I'm paying £40 a month for a connection barely over 1Mb, with poor download speeds and flakey support. I now have to jump through hoops because everything is a trial. You (and I mean the 'royal' you, I'm not blaming you personally) must have been well aware of the issues of LLU Mac keys before moving thousands of people over on this nightmare trial and lets not even get started on the LLU situation itself.

To be honest, I feel for you guys, it must be a nightmare having to support this mess, but at the end of the day PlusNet is taking 40 quid a month off me and I expect some level of service in return.

If this is such a nightmare can I be at least put back on to BT IPStream or whatever it is called (I never asked to be moved and I note several mentions within posts that people can/will be moved back without cost) and then get a 'normal' MAC key that way?

At the end of the day I'm changing ISP as a result of this entire fiasco. Whichever method is easiest for me (and you guys) is all I'm after.

Cheers.
N/A

If you requested the MAC key on 21 July, you've given PlusNet 30 days notice from that day for cancellation of your account. So at least PlusNet cannot charge you for anything from after 20 August (this coming Sunday).
N/A

Thanks for that point, will be interesting to see if a MAC key 'suddenly' appears from that time then. Wink