cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Request for current VMU status

N/A

No big deal,but life is getting very complicated now regarding VMU..My "Current usage week" runs from Wednesday 5th Nov to Tuesday 11th Nov: however my "Week in Detail" runs from Tues 4th Nov until Monday 10th Nov. Which one if any is the correct one?

Ian & linda Jordan
20 REPLIES
N/A

I don't know which one to trust, the usage period I should be in or the two incorrect ones on VMU. :?
N/A

I don't know which one to trust, the usage period I should be in or the two incorrect ones on VMU. :?

I like it'theres really no answer to that one :-). But I wonder how the Connect Light customers are getting on with keepping track of time used....... I have one telling me I've used 1hr 25mins 10secs and the other one telling me I've used 3hrs 56mins,must be Plusnets way of keeping us ammused on quiet nights: a sort of Russian Roulete :-)

Ian & Linda Jordan
Ianwild
Grafter

LOL!

Are people still getting confusing results out of VMU?

I would appreciate some examples as I have been away for a few days and don't know what is still outstanding from the list of problems I raised last week...

Regards,
N/A

Are people still getting confusing results out of VMU?
Regards,

Hi Ian

Confusing is a little of an understatement :-) As of this moment 1657hrs "Current usage week" which starts on a Wednesday shows 10hrs 16min 27sec time used,but "Week in detaii" which starts on Tuesday shows 12hrs 57 mins..

Not a major problem on my "Connect Heavy" account,but it would be nice to know which one is the correct one,and not knowing what is my actual start day (subject to change without notice :-) ) sort of makes the use of a third party online timer somewhat problematic.

Thanks for the response

Ian & Linda Jordan
N/A

Ok, my actual usage period should be Sat to Fri, the VMU main page shows it as Fri to Thur and the week in detail pop-up shows Wed to Tue.

I am very confused.
steed
Grafter

VMU seems to not be recording any data now!

I have "nil" time online for the past several days. And I have the same problem as posted above with three different usage periods depending on which you want to look at!
N/A

Can't help wondering what happened to the 14/11/2003 @ 12:00 update,I expect it would have just read "it is officially now completly broken".

Just as an afterthought,support wax lyrical about 3rd party online timers....... anyone know of one for "Macs",plus; assuming that there is one: how I establish my correct start date,or do I use the Plusnet method of a dart thrown at a calendar twice? which would then give me the option of at least 2 start days,along the lines of VMU.

Ian & Linda Jordan
N/A

VMU

My VMU is stuck at just 1hr 36min 55sec and has been or several DAYS now, I have no idea now how much time I have left on my Connect Lite Users 20hr limit, the View The Week in detail is also not up to date at all and is also a day out in my usage period.
Ianwild
Grafter

Hi,

I'm assured that a wave of fixes for this are to be rolled out on Monday. I can also report that previous feedback has been taken on board about VMU and we are now going to start working on an alternative system.

Regards,

Ian
steed
Grafter

I see that VMU data seems to working today.

Since both the summary and the detailed data now start on the same day can we asume that the usage week now runs from this particular day?
Ianwild
Grafter

That is a safe assumption Smiley

We will monitor this for a little while before telling people it is fixed though...

Cheers,

Ian
davidpanther
Grafter

My VMU has been down for about a week now: is there any way I can found out my usage for this period?

I've not raised a ticket as, by the time I got a reply, it would be out of date.

Any ideas?

Or how about a general amnesty for anyone who exceeds usage in this period? It would be a good gesture given that VMU has been unworkable for the past week.

I eagerly await the uncoming improved version of VMU; I don't know much about programming but fully appreciate what a formidable task it must be to create a program whereby a variable is incremented according to how long one is online for, and then to somehow subtract that value from 20 hrs and display it on the users portal.

Smiley
N/A

My VMU seems fixed this morning (fingers crossed). Both weeks starting on the same day (sunday) and yesterdays figures looking accurate. I wont have to action my ticket now. Yippee.
Ianwild
Grafter

My VMU has been down for about a week now: is there any way I can found out my usage for this period?

Smiley

Hi,

I can see no data was recorded for 2 days on the 13th and 14th, but apart from that your VMU seems OK?

We have said to people that it might be an idea to adopt your own monitoring system, such as that provided by No Frills Timer, but I can assure you that where you can show a case of the information we provided being incorrect, resulting in you getting an unexpected warning, we would certainly address that for you.

If you want to try coding the system, which needs to parse upwards of 2GB of data a day and dela with things like missing stop packets from BTs Radius, then feel free to give it a go - This is NOT an easy task I assure you!

Regards,

Ian