cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Report users who try to hack into your computer.

N/A

Today another free-online users tried to send winnuke to my computer. Shame this user.

Firewall:Winnuke detected,from 212.159.82.45
2 REPLIES
N/A

LMAO - If you were on NTL - you would spend all day and all night sending mails to abuse@ntl.com - and still , nothing would happen.

Report problems as you see fit, to - abuse@originators-isp.com, in this case, abuse@free-online.co.uk.

Invariably its dumb ass kids on the parents connection arsing around.

My personal advice to you RE: firewalls.... dont look at what got blocked, it just means its working. Look at what was allowed, thats how you spot irregularities.

Better still get a cheapo router with NAT, and 99.9% of this rubbish wont get to your PC. If you are really concerned - get one with DoS protection of some form, which protects you from anyone attempting to flood your connection. (This isnt something a Windows firewall can do without replacing TCP-IP - since it needs to be handled at a level nearer to hardware.) But really not necesary IMHO for a home user.

Hope its worthwhile advice,

Big Vic
N/A

Hi ftimes,

Look provided you have a good quality firewall in place and protecting your system then I'm affraid your basically wasting your time, Yes! I know how you feel being there got the T shirt too to proove it. Look 1) there is Nothing stopping you reporting the user/abuser to FOL and as you have identified the IP & the command used. 2) Bear in mind that the internet has alot of background noise and alot of pinging by worms, viruses etc as well as script kidies and hackers this is why a firewall is totally essential now a days with Broadband being an always on technology.

**if your firewall only logs the attempt once then dont waste your time reporting such things but if its persistent say over 10 times then yes! report the user or IP.

**It proves your firewall is doing its job.

Ivan