cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replacement Modem/Router

Fixes: 115

Replacement Modem/Router

Just curious at present...

I have had my current modem since joing PN over 4.5 years ago and have no idea of it's useful life span but it appears to working well.

But I am wondering, if it were to fail would I be able to purchase a new one from PN and defer the cost or is that only available if I change product type?

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

3 REPLIES
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Replacement Modem/Router

Hi,

The option for a deferred modem is only available on BBYW that being a new customer signing up or an existing customer switching across to it.
mikewogden
Grafter

Replacement Modem/Router

Looking at the prices Plusnet charge for a Modem/Router (£25 for BT USB modem, avaliable elsewhere for around £10) I wouldn't bother.

I just bought a refurbished 2WIRE wireless router for £20 on ebay. Great service, fantastic router.
All my speed and disconnect problems have vanished.
I now have a 3 Meg sync speed with no more ramdom disconnections.
Prevously the fastest I could achieve was 1500 sync speed.

It amazing the quality and performance of a router designed for the commercial market compared to the plastic bits of kit we buy for the home market. Its robust, made of metal, not plastic and runs cool. I have no problems with leaving it on 24/7.

You do have to have a little bit of knowledge as the kit didn't come with drivers or manuals, but as a second/replacement router its fantastic.

Regards

Mike
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 158

Replacement Modem/Router

I agree Mike, I used to use a dlink router which would drop the connection 3 or 4 times a day. Changed to a speedtouch 585, the sync speed increased by 500k, and the connection was solid for 14 days until I rebooted it.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Chris Parr
 Plusnet Help Team