cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Repeated Loss of Sync Since upgrade to Max Adsl

titch
Dabbler

Anyone else had a repeated loss of sync since upgrading to 8mb max adsl. This happens at intermittent times during the day.

I have looked at the suggested max speed on the bt.com site and it says 2mb. My max stable speed started at 4.5mb and has now dropeed to 3mb even then i have never had speeds over 2mb.

Line has worked fine since BT engineer fixed line fault over two years ago. Nothing has been changd except asking to get changed from 1mb to 8mb max.

Edit It does help if you read things properly and it looks like my problem has been passed onto BT for further checks Smiley
2 REPLIES
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Hi,

This can happen sometimes with Max usually it'll either be down to something local (such as wiring or filters) or something on the line, or the line sync'ing at too high a speed for the line conditions.

Chances are it's sync'ing too high if the BT estimate is 2Mbps, as you say the faults with BT now and they should be able to determine why this is happening and either fix the problem or they'll increase the target SNR on the line to reduce the speed a little more which shoudl stabilise it.
titch
Dabbler

Cheers Dave

Funny how it sat at 5.5mb on the BT site for months and then after i requested the change it dropped to 2mb.

Good old BT Sad

Thanks for the info though.