cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Repeated Disconnections

N/A

Repeated Disconnections

Is anyone else experiencing repeated disconnects from plusnet today. I keep getting cut off and am sometimes presented with a BT Wholesale test page stating that there may be problem with the adsl link?

I have rebooted my equipment several times, but this problem keeps reoccuring.
92 REPLIES
rammie1976
Grafter

Repeated Disconnections

Just had another 15 minute disconnection - 1st time was 15/20 minutes this afternoon around 1620 - but this time i got the BT wholesale page!!

"You have been connected to this page due to one of the following reasons. You must now shut down your browser and Internet applications before attempting to reconnect.

The BTWholesale access circuit to your Service Provider is currently down.
Your service should be resumed soon.
Or
You are testing your local connection to BT using
‘bt_test_user@startup_domain’
Or
You are testing your connection to your Service Provider using ‘bt_test_user@domain’ where domain is your Service Provider domain name.
Or
Your Service Provider is currently unable to accept your connection request please wait until service is restored or contact your Service Provider for further information.
Or
You have attempted to access an invalid Service Provider domain"

Whats going on +net!?
N/A

Repeated Disconnections

I've not had any problems today, and i've been using the net solid all day, too :roll:

Exchange fault, perhaps? Last update to the service status RSS was on Friday...
rammie1976
Grafter

Repeated Disconnections

I've not had any problems today, and i've been using the net solid all day, too :roll:

Exchange fault, perhaps? Last update to the service status RSS was on Friday...

well i guess me and chandkc might be on the same exchange - Woodborough, Wiltshire....

Its obvious the problem hasn't hit as many as the last disconnection (see thread about it), but it seems to be both of us and perhaps moreHuh?
N/A

Repeated Disconnections

Well, i'm in Sheffield and i've been getting the same thing too! Big Exchange that one! Wink
N/A

Repeated Disconnections

I've been having problems today (very slow speeds, disconnections + won't reconnect). No BT page though...
rammie1976
Grafter

Repeated Disconnections

I've been having problems today (very slow speeds, disconnections + won't reconnect). No BT page though...

I only got the BT Wholesale page on the second go....lucky huh??

1st go was just disconnection! Evil
kwhawell
Grafter

Repeated Disconnections

I had something like this about a week or 2 back, lost snc, light went totally off on modem, leaving just power light, after about 15 minutes my chordless phone started to do a long ring, just kept on and on and on constantly, picked phone up, and I could hear my dial tone, but someone else was on the phone too! left it for a bit, tried again, sync still down, tried rebooting pc which forces rebot on voyager 105 anyway, still nothing, dual phone line now though! could dial 1571, and get 2 messages, one was mine, telling me I'd got no messages, the other was one telling me the service wasn't set up, tried 1471, got 2 sets of numbers at me this time, was about to call BT to report a fault using our other line, kept trying it as I waited, and waited, just about to get through after about 20 30 minutes, fault fixed itself, ADSL bakc in synch, all worked after that, no faults though today, been fine, on crowle exchange. it was the strangest thing I ever saw, anyone else ever had a phone line end up as 2 before like that?
N/A

Repeated Disconnections

Its been on and off. same things happened a week or two back and when i called CS they said that bt were doing work on the line.
N/A

Repeated Disconnections

I and a colleague have been seeing these problems intermittently over the last couple of weeks. We're based in Northern Ireland, so I'd say it's not confined to one geographical locality.
rammie1976
Grafter

Repeated Disconnections

And if there were any decent communications from +net they might tell us if they've been experiencing difficulties, oh say with the Ellacoyas (wasn't that what caused the last "big" disconnection?).

But no doubt they'll just suggest we all try the BT diagnostics, cos it must be our setup, even though I've altered no settings or loaded no new software.
N/A

Repeated Disconnections

I've had exactly the same problem yesterday (25th) for at least a couple of hours in the evening = exactly when I needed to use the internet. I'm in Chesterfield. More problems tonight, but rectified by disconnecting and reconnecting.
N/A

Repeated Disconnections

I'm having the same problem. Am in Glasgow.
If this continues I'm leaving, even though I just joined. Evil
crimsone
Grafter

Repeated Disconnections

Oh, That's nothing.

Not only am I recieving the BT wholesale page n everything exept the plusnet site, When my connection dropped earlier, (presumable because of the router maintenance, as it happened half an hour ago) When reconnecting I was assigned a BT IP address...

IP - 81.152.125.xx
server side - 217.32.89.xx
DNS1 - 194.74.65.xx
DNS2 - 193.113.211.xx

Of course, I couldn't connect to anything, but I seemed quite able to resolve domains.

Bizarre stuff!
N/A

Repeated Disconnections

I had connection issues this morning too - after about 30 mins or so it seems to have stabilised (fingers crossed!). If issues continue when I get home I'll raise a ticket.

In York, btw, so it's looking like a central rather than exchange problem.