cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Repeat of my earlier suggestion for useage alerts

N/A

Simple idea to implement a useage alert system:

Provide an option under VMU to automatically generate an email when your useage crosses a threshold which you define. Allow the user to define upto 3 (or 5?) alerts each with their own text so you could send yourself warning emails before you cross the point of no return.

An alert when you've reached your limit is about as much use a chocolate teapot...
6 REPLIES
holdtight
Grafter

I think given the amount of complaining there is at the moment on this subject its a great idea

I dont know what plusnet are thinking emailing users after the event its pointless and the cause of all this friction

Bill.
Community Veteran

Sensible idea, especially as 'view your usage' is not accurate.
N/A

The only thing I just thought of is that it would be better if rather than saying if I go above x useage email it lets you say when I get within x of my limit (or x% of my limit?) send me an email - that way you don't need to keep track of changing limits as you'll always be told well before assuming you configure the values sensibly.
N/A

too sensible.

Raised a ticket about throttling while being below ANY limits and the reply came along the lines of - "I can see no email sent"

So maybe there is a machanism somewhere already in place but just not implemented
N/A

Couldnt agree more.

My view your useage seems to only update every few days, and sometimes once a week, so i think its a useful idea.
N/A

Good idea.

So it won't be implemented :lol: