cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remote desktop connection

N/A

Hi,

Just wondering if Plusnet blocks port 3389 for Remote Desktop/Terminal Services ? I've been able to connect remotely to server via RD/TS until thursday/friday last week when it stopped working. Another client of ours using Plusnet is having the same problem with RD/TS, it was working fine up until thursday/friday.

Any ideas ?
5 REPLIES
jberry
Grafter

Hi there,

We only block 2 ports on your account type, 135 & 445 (for virus purposes), so I am unsure why this is happening. I know that we can use RD from the office through our ADSL lines as a number of staff do this.

Unfortunately I do not have any advise on the matter, maybe someone who actively uses the service over our ADSL can help?

Regards,
N/A

Works fine for me using remote desktop web connection. I assume you're using the terminal services client? Shouldn't make any difference though, as both the client and the browser plug-in use port 3389 as far as I'm aware.
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 5

Works ok for me now. Had a problem a few months ago, which turned out to be our network guys had changed policy on access control lists, and had by default blocked all access onto our network. They added my IP into the control lists and I'm back running again.
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Hi,

I have RDP set up at home and can use it fine across our network. Can you traceroute to the remote site?
N/A

Hi,

Thanks for the replies, it has been sorted out now, was nothing to do with Plusnet, Wink