cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regular Drop outs (every 15 minutes or so)

N/A

Aha, well, OK that's fine for the time being. As long as it will stop at some point... ...it's been a fair while now, but I guess a line regrade in the middle may have kicked the process off again.

Cheers for the replies. Cheesy
11 REPLIES
N/A

I'm sufferring regular drop outs after about 22:00 every night. The line will drop at least once every 15 minutes. This has been going on for about a month now.

I assumed at the start it was due to a line upgrade, and then a regrade onto a business connection.

However, four weeks of this is surely just too long. And why only in the evening?
Community Veteran

Use the search tool for the term MaxDSL ... you are not alone. Sad
--
3Mb FTTC
https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed
PhillipH
Grafter

Yep mine is also disconnecting every 15 mins, and its always after 11:30pm. And yep its MaxDSL being done on your line.

although mine has only started to do so for the past 2 days, so i expect this to last just 10 days.............. Cheesy
Lorian
Grafter

Ask PN to get BT to increase your SNR target to 9db.
N/A

What does that do for me? SNR? Signal to Noise Ratio?
Lorian
Grafter

What does that do for me? SNR? Signal to Noise Ratio?

It means the DSLAM and your modem will negotiate a slightly (maybe 400Kbps) slower connection, but the higher Signal to Noise Ratio should give you a more stable line. Depending on the router you have you may be able to force the SNR higher from your end. What router do you have?
Community Veteran

Try leaving your router/moden disconnected and off for over 1 hour then reconnect and see if things have improved. This will reset all the circuits between you and the exchange.

Do you hear any noises on the line when it disconnects?

Are all your phones, faxes, old modems & sky boxes all connected via microfilters. Try discnnecting all phones etc and see if the problem still happens.
N/A

It's a business line and has 1 phone and 1 broadband connection on 1 filter in 1 socket.

The router is an ASUS AAM 6000EV. It's pretty old as they go I guess, but it does just fine during the day and for many years up until now...
N/A

10 days - you'll be lucky

Mine's been disconnecting for over 4 weeks. I raised a call 3 weeks ago and it's started to escalate to PlusNet's "provider" in the last couple of days.

Everyone agrees there is a fault .... but no fix in sight.

I have the same ASUS router and it was dependable for a year. I have tried a Linksys Wireless 54g Router as well - same faults :-( so it's all to do with MaxDSL auto line adjustments and Signal/Noise, a very bad rollout and an overloaded Customer Services.

I just can't make up my mind whether to quit PlusNet while I have the MaxDSL fault - I'm sure it will be just as painful elsewhere - or quit once (or IF Huh) it is fixed.
PhillipH
Grafter

last night only disconnected 3 times as opposed to every 10-15 mins. Line looking alot more stable and only 3 days into maxdsl Wink
N/A

Patience gone, account moving

I've had enough. After a year of fault free service and 3 weeks or rubbish, I'm off. Understand it is not necessarily PN's technical issue, but I think other companies are addressing it better.

Someone somewhere should get a roasting over the DSL upgrades, and I'm sure Customer Services will be at the front of the queue to light the oven LOL.