cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regrading notification?

salis
Dabbler

Regrading notification?

Is there any way I will know that my account is being regraded? Will F9/Plus email me or is just up to me to discover it for myself?
8 REPLIES
N/A

Regrading notification?

The short answer is no, although they should be. They are ignoring ticket requests to find out when exactly people have been regraded and are also telling people that have been upgraded they haven't!! F9 are shower of sh*t at the moment and doing what they do best in a crisis, burying their heads in the sand!!

Mark
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Regrading notification?

Hi,

With the bulk regrade process we can only tell people they have been upgraded when BT tell us you've been upgraded, like with the 2Mbps regraded last year we aren't receiving notification in advance of regrades being completed so can't send out any emails. We are working to fix this and as soon as we can we will get the emails out but the problem isn't entirely in our hands.
N/A

Regrading notification?

Hi,

as my service has obviously now been upgraded I dont need an email telling me of that fact, I was wondering if they only send out confirmation emails after the 10day monitoring period is completed successfully?

Ivan
N/A

Regrading notification?

Sorry Dave, but F9 are not telling people they have been upgraded even after it has occurred. The newsgroup is full of people that have been upgraded asking CS what is happening to be told no upgrade has taken place, even though it clearly has. Surely once that first contact has been made, your systems would be able to tell what has happened and more importantly when so they/ I can work out how far into the 10 day "training" period we are.

I know I keep going on about it, but surely BT don't not notify you the work has been done, even if it is 24 hours after it has happened? Surely at that point the customer could be notified? Better late than never!!

Mark
N/A

Regrading notification?

as my service has obviously now been upgraded I dont need an email telling me of that fact, I was wondering if they only send out confirmation emails after the 10day monitoring period is completed successfully?

Glad you got your upgrade Ivan and hope it all goes well. But if it didn't go as planned and you raised a ticket, CS would tell you to wait until the 10 day "training" period was up before anything could be done about it. If you had not been notified that the upgrade had taken effect, you would not know what day it had happened and thus, how far into "training" you were. When I had my usb modem, the synch was displayed all the time my pc was on, but with the router, it is hidden in a settings page which I don't look at every day as I don't normally have any need to.

Mark
astarsolutions
Grafter

Regrading notification?

They notified me last month when my accounts were upgraded, I received an e-mail at the start of the 10 day period.
It seems that the problem occurred when they started using the bulk regrade tool. If BT don't send them any kind of specific notification as to weather the upgrade took place there is no way F9 can send out an automatic e-mail without going through the accounts manually, if they did that then there would be more people complaining that they went answering tickets.

Or it could all be down to the problems they have been having with there e-mail servers.
N/A

Regrading notification?

Hello Mark,

YES!! I agree with the point/s you made in your last posting. I guess I hadnt thought of that situation but your quite right & a user would be left high & dry and wouldnt know whats going on, I think thats true.

**Fortunately in my case, I was upgraded much sooner than I had expected to be which was abit of a suprise (all be it a plesant one of course!) So I do have to say THANK YOU!! to F9 PN for that, it is appreciated.

**The upgrade went very smoothly & I havent had to change any settings at all as my modem uses G.DMT which allows upto 8megs anyway.

**I'm still within the 10day monitoring phase and I have to say my speeds have been all over the show from as little as 1.5megs upto 6.2megs and everything in between too. TBH with you I'd be happy if I had a stable service at 4megs or perhaps 5.5megs anything else is a bonus. (my connection says 6.8megs this morning but I doubt I'm getting that though?). I wonder what speed/s I'll eventually end up getting after the 10day monitoring.

Ivan
N/A

Regrading notification?

Hi Ivan,

My regrade has been similar to yours, the connection has been up & down like a Tart on Speed!!!!

The highest I have seen has been 4.4meg, lowest being around 3.6. It has at times just reestablished itself then loses connection within a few seconds. It seems to have been settled since last night so hopefully it will stay like this.

Hopefully more like benefit from the Bulk Regarde tool.

AL