cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regraded within day and a half!

N/A

I would just like to thank the guys at plusnet and of course the kind BT engineer who turned out today to regrade my line.

I ordered a regrade (2mb Premier) on Friday night, near to midnight. While on today at around 12.30, my line dropped and then reconnected at 2.2mbps!!!!
Unbelieveable speed to be regraded and even more unbelieveable speed is the 2mb line, thanks to all concerned for a speedy and painless transition.

I decided to regrade from homesurf after reading about some 'problems' that could be encountered when the free speed upgrades are dealt out. I was prepared to wait, patiently (unlike alot that hang about on these forums!) but then thought a measley £15 one off charge was worth going for, and it was.

I would thouroughly recommend paying that small charge to get supercharged (and stop moaning!)
12 REPLIES
LiamM
Grafter

Regrades do not require engineer visits anymore. Unless you are changing contention. That's why it happened so quickly. Because the system is now automated.

Plusnet are, however, much speedier than other ISPs at sending through the regrade requests to BTs system.
N/A

Oh Shockedops:

Didn't realise that, thanks for the info
N/A

does upgrade from 1 > 2 mb make any difference to browsing speed?
N/A

I guess so!

I went from 512k to 2mb, the speed difference for browsing is also amazing, much, much quicker.
LiamM
Grafter

I found that is does personally. Of course it depends on the ability of the server hosting the site you are visiting, how busy it is etc... But in general, I do see increased performance.
N/A

I put a regrade request in last Monday from 1 meg to 2 meg, paid £14.99 for the privilege, 7 days later I’m Still waiting to be regraded.

So not fast for me.

Incase you ask for my line stats here they are.

Downstream Rate: 1152 kbps

Upstream Rate: 288 kbps

Channel: Fast

Current Noise Margin: 31.0 dB (Downstream), 29.0 dB (Upstream)

Current Attenuation: 32.3 dB (Downstream), 16.0 dB (Upstream)

Current Output Power: 18.6 dB (Downstream), 11.1 dB (Upstream)
trentboy
Grafter

Thats great for you Wink

My BT line was upgraded from 512K to 2MB at the begining of May, my router connects at 2MB, however if I do a speed test I only get 512K. I have been told its because I have a throttle on my account and it cannot be lifted yet because its a legacy account, and they have not written the code to do that yet (WTF?)

I have been told its only a few days till they remove the throttle, however that was early last week so I am not holding my breath.

Glad some people are getting what they have been promised, but it seems I am being punished for being a loyal customer.
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Hi poladin,

It looks like there was a problem with your regrade, I've updated your ticket and submitted the regrade back through for you.
N/A

Thanks Dave

I look forward to the update on tuesday
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Hi trentham,

At the moment without changing your account we can't change the speed on our side. We are waiting on development work regarding this, but I don't have a timescale just yet.
trentboy
Grafter

Hi trentham,

At the moment without changing your account we can't change the speed on our side. We are waiting on development work regarding this, but I don't have a timescale just yet.

I know this already, but is frustrating that no one has any idea on when it can be done. BT has done their bit and its annoying that I have to wait for some code to be written your side and no one knows when its likely to happen which can only suggest that no one is activetly working on it at the moment.

Is it possible to migrate within plusnet so my account is no longer a legacy account?

It seems as though us legacy customers who signed up before plus.net became as popular as they are today are getting punished for staying loyal for so long. I signed up with plus.net in 2003 and have never once had any problems until now.

The funny thing is I would not have been so upset if I was not aware of the upgrades, but I was promised an upgrade, and BT have done whats needed at my exchange but I sit here waiting for the throttle to be removed. I expect crap service from BT - not the other way round
shay

I agree with you trentham, it would seem that legacy account holders are getting a raw deal when it comes to having their line speed increased.

It goes against the grain that we have to pay extra to obtain the speed increase despite being loyal customers in the past.

Perhaps one way round the problem might be to cancel my BB account with plus.net and set up a new account the next day or move to another ISP. I would be reluctant to move as I have had enjoyed good service from plus.net in the past. However being taken for granted sits very badly with me.

There is also a great deal of confusion in my mind as to what exactly is going on. In the email from plus.net a couple of months ago it stated that all customers would be informed when their line speed increases have been carried out. Now I read in information provided by plus.net techies in this forum that you have to notify plus.net when your line upgrade has taken place so they can finalise things their end. I am very confused.................