cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regrade what regrade!

MadBob
Grafter

Regrade what regrade!

I was originally advised my regrade from 512 Kb - 2Mb to would be July (BT still say this is when it will be done) now call me crazy but they did mean Last july didn't they?
7 REPLIES
N/A

BT

Hello skanky,

No!! your not going mad its just how BT is, What ever BT say I always take it with a pinch of salt. In other words you cannot trust BT to deliver anything on time they are notoriously aweful at saying one thing and then changing it later on. Constantly shifting the goal posts to suit themsleves and customers come last (unless your with BT for your ISP such as BTOpenworld & BTYahoo).

**If your talking free upgrade from 512K to 2MB you could still have a long wait

**If you dont want to or are nolonger prepared to wait any more for BT to finally pull their finger out then I can recommend the paid upgrade and for a one off cost of £14.99 the upgrade can be done very quickly 24/48hrs.

**The best £14.99 I've spend well worth it.

Ivan
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 62

Regrade what regrade!

@skanky

I've had a look into things and BT haven't attempted a regrade on your line yet as part of the bulk regrade programme. The latest we have had from BT is that all residential regrades will be complete by mid-November.

You can pay £14.99 and we will place a manual order on your behalf but it's probably worth waiting TBH.

Kind Regards,

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Products Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

N/A

Regrade what regrade!

Hey Bob, can you tell me if they've attempted one on my line as of yet or not

as with skanky, our exchange was supposed to be done back in june

i'm not looking hopeful, as i'm on limit for 1mb already but it is stable and working ok - wouldn't mind even testing 2mb to see if it would work.

regards
mike
csedigital

uograde to 2 meg

To Every body that read this message ,
be very carefull if you try to upgrade ,our local exchange was enabled not long ago and since then we have had a few people who tried to get 2meg and failed ,called out bt broadband engineer who told then no way you can get adsl and went away and red lined the customer ,now no ISP can touch him due to BT saying they cant get it ,if you have got 1 meg then i suggest that you stop with it in case 2 meg dont work ,you could end up the same way as my customer
phil pugh.
Below is the report from BT
Your exchange has ADSL broadband.

However, despite an engineer's visit to your premises it has been proved not possible for your telephone line to support broadband service. Please accept our apologies. We are continuing to look for alternative technology solutions and this site will be updated with developments as they happen.

Thank you for your interest.
Since then he cannot even get them to downgrade to 512 just so he can try it
N/A

Regrade what regrade!

ok bt are now saying the following for my line

Our initial test on your line indicates that you should be able to have Broadband from BT with speeds up to 2Mb.

can't wait.....

regards
mike
N/A

Re: uograde to 2 meg

To Every body that read this message ,
be very carefull if you try to upgrade ,our local exchange was enabled not long ago and since then we have had a few people who tried to get 2meg and failed ,called out bt broadband engineer who told then no way you can get adsl and went away and red lined the customer ,now no ISP can touch him due to BT saying they cant get it ,if you have got 1 meg then i suggest that you stop with it in case 2 meg dont work ,you could end up the same way as my customer
phil pugh.
Below is the report from BT
Your exchange has ADSL broadband.

However, despite an engineer's visit to your premises it has been proved not possible for your telephone line to support broadband service. Please accept our apologies. We are continuing to look for alternative technology solutions and this site will be updated with developments as they happen.

Thank you for your interest.
Since then he cannot even get them to downgrade to 512 just so he can try it

That sounds really rubbish, did the engineer not test to see if you could get any service, or was it just for 2mb. When bt came out to my house, the engineer was great, done all the tests under the sun, then went any got his own broadband modem from his house! - he was really good, hopefully most are like this!

Another point, was this a upgrade, or was this a new order for broadband?

talk soon
N/A

Regrade what regrade!

I agree,

when i had issues with my ADSL a while back BT kept saying I couldn't have it, even though I had, had it for over 2 years.

I'm on border for ADSL, yet I'm running 1mb without any problems, when I did have issues, BT engineer came out and found that the fault was down to them. There was an issue in the street box, plus the filter they have put on which connects outside/inside cable was faulty, so they replaced that and they also replaced my master box for a combined adsl/phone faceplate, so don't have to use splitters any more.

The engineer was very helpful, if you've had it previously and now they saying you can't ask for a PT Officer to attend premises, they will bring all their kit, and will show you what you figures are for you line, and he should test from various points to see where fault is.

regards
mike