cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regrade ? still on 512k connection

Community Veteran

Dave.

He said he'd been charged 14.99 for the account change (which should be free) so I assume the charge is for the speed upgrade.

Therefore he should not have to wait for the free upgrades
7 REPLIES
N/A

Hi, was just wondering what i need to do to activate the upgrade?

I was on the adsl 500 home setup bundle before but i was informed i would need to regrade to the broadband premiere 500 package as the home setup was an old package that was no longer supported/sold. This cost me £15.

As i recieved an email stating the fair usage policy starts on the 14th april I performed a speed test last night and i still seem to be on a half meg connection.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as i feel confused as to what i need to do.

Thanks
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Hi,

The free speed upgrades are starting to happen but it will take several months for them all. There's a rough guide to the schedule available at

http://usertools.plus.net/status/archive/1113248097.htm
N/A

hmm thats what i was confused about, i previously posted in here regards my confusion of the regrades and was told i needed to pay the £15 to regrade as if i didnt do this i would not get a speed increase and may even have to pay a re-connection fee when the upgrade takes place.

I have found the whole process and information regarding this very confusing and frustrating, and im sure im not the only one who feels this way.
N/A

If you apply for the regrade before the FUP then its £14.99, however if you wait untill its actualy in action then the upgrade is free as and when you get it.

If you know that you already can have 2meg on your line then you can go ahead and pay £14.99 and get it now. Now if iv got this wrong then Im realy confused! :roll: Some people can have 2 meg now but may not get the good speed from it untill BT has upgraded the lines further.
N/A

I'm in the same situation here .. To my amazement, BT upgraded mine in less than 24 hours. My router is showing that I'm connected at 1152kbps but checking the download speed using the speed checker, it is still showing that I'm downloading at 512kbps .. I guess this has to do with line throttling .. I've raised a ticket and hopefully the restriction can be lifted RSN.
N/A

Great stuff .. it is lifted now! Thanks plusnet .. Smiley
N/A

As you can see if you go here http://usertools.plus.net/exchanges/
you can check your exchanged and for me is showing Red so athough I can get 2 meg I wont receive it.