cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regrade seems to be taking awfully long...

redshift

What are people's experiences with the regrade process - does it happen close to the time that is listed for your exchange? Mine was due to be upgraded in April, but it's now July and nothing's happened. PN say because it requires "multiple visits" it might not have happened yet - must be a lot of visits then!
Did you guys receive an email before it kicked off or something? Is there any point in pestering PN about this or is it all up to BT?
Thanks a lot for your replies.
11 REPLIES
holdtight
Grafter

Re: Regrade seems to be taking awfully long...

PN say because it requires "multiple visits" it might not have happened yet - must be a lot of visits then!

I would like to know the answer to this too, i did ask on the forums but nobody seems to know

my DSLAM is down for upgrade in April marked with multiple visits with three weeks between each visit so how many visits does it take ?

im not in any great hurry for the upgrade it would just be nice to know

No its no good pestering +net its BT were waiting for and its no good pestering them either
i dont think +net are much wiser than the rest of us as far as BT`s progress goes
its just a matter of waiting and one day it will be done
N/A

Mine has now been deferred from July to August. Me thinks it is a bit like "We will upgrade you tomorow." When tomorrow comes they say, ah yes but we said tomorrow, so it will be tomorrow. Be aware that tomorrow never comes. Evil
N/A

I think what happened is this:-

BT Manager: "How long to upgrade all adsl customers to the maximum speed their line will support?"

BT Engineer: "About 12 - 18 months..."

BT Manager: "Not good enough... we'll say 3 months"

IE The same **** that affects every ruddy large dinosaur like company.
holdtight
Grafter

yep methinks that just about sums up BT`s attitude as you say the same with any large dinosaur like company
its amazing how quickly they can get things done when you wave some cash at them though, if they know they can make a buck you have their full attention - for a short while anyway

It will be interesting to see when the great rollout of 4 and 8MB actually happens i would go for the first quarter of next year if there was a book open Wink

just to go off topic for a mo
solstans ive been looking at your avatar for the past couple of weeks trying to work out what it is please enlighten me i just cant see it Shockedops: i know its gonna be one of those "Oh Yeah i see it now" things
N/A

Bill, its a Boa Constrictor's head resting on her coils...
garybaldi
Dabbler

I find my self re-setting my router and checking what it synchs at more and more now.. my exchange is down for May, but DSLAM is multi visit.

Thing is BT will be doing all their customers first.. I have a relative with BT and he's been happily sitting at 2MB on the same exchange for a month.. Cry
holdtight
Grafter

Bill, its a Boa Constrictor's head resting on her coils...

yeah got it now obvious when your told, i could see it was reptilian of some sort but i just couldnt see what and to think i used to keep snakes Shockedops: shameful

cheers mate
N/A

I too think that mine is overdue, and I too find myself having to reset my router more often as signals dissapear.

Is there someone at BT that we can contact to enwuitre when our dslams are being upgraded?
it would be good to at least know somwhere at BT that can give us answers as PN will undoubtably say that it is beyond thier control & in the hands of BT.
So who & where at BT?
Community Veteran

BT wholesale, who are not customer facing.
N/A

BT wholesale, who are not customer facing.

Is that a way of saying that I won't be able to talk to anyone about it?
benskia
Grafter

My mate is on the same exchange. He lives in the next road to me.
He is with BT & they've done his regrade.
No news from anybody about mine though.