cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regrade query

kreynolds
Grafter

Regrade query

Have just received an email to say my regrade is complete, and have found the following in Contact Us, but am a little puzzled:

Ticket: 19160651 Closed
Raised: 2006-04-13 18:48:10 by: Automatic
2006-04-13
18:48:10
Support
Open : A request to regrade this end-users product from 'PlusNet Broadband Premier - Up to 4Mb (Monthly Contract, No Modem)' to 'PlusNet Broadband Premier - Up to 4Mb (Monthly Contract, No Modem)' has been submitted via workplace. The order will be submitted shortly and progress updates will be posted against this ticket.
2006-04-13
18:48:10
You
Closed : (internal note) The regrade has been completed including the automated conversion of the BT Wholesale product. User Provisioned BT Product has been changed by ADSL regrade from BT IPStream Home 2000 to BT IPStream Home 2000.

Service Notice: SN28236631
Raised: 2006-04-13 18:48:10 by: Support
This customer(xxxx@xxxx.plus.com, Cc: xxxx@xxxx.plus.com) was mailed the following message:
Subject: 'Your broadband regrade is complete'

Dear ,

PlusNet are pleased to confirm that your broadband regrade to BT IPStream Home 2000 is now complete.

Please note: You may need to reboot your modem or router before you can experience your new speed.

If you do have any further queries, our friendly Support team can be contacted via the convenient Contact Us facility at our website, http://portal.plus.net/, or by telephone on 0845 1400200.

Kind regards,

Customer Support

PlusNet - The Smarter Way to Broadband
http://portal.plus.net/

Might be being a bit thick but is seems, according to Contact us and the email, as if nothing has happened although my router is now synched at 8128/448.

Any thoughts?
4 REPLIES
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Regrade query

Hi,

It looks like your regrade's gone through successfully but I think the system is waiting for BT to let us know what speed you've got.

There has been a problem on BT's side that has meant that it's taking up to 3-4 days for BT's backend systems to pick up that you're sync speed has increased and set the appropriate throughput.

If you're still getting 2Mbps speeds then this is likely just the reason, give it until after the weekend and the systems should all catch up with themselves and set your speed correctly.
kreynolds
Grafter

Regrade query

Thanks for the reply Dave.

Are BT still classing lines that have been upgraded to DSLMax as IPStream 2000, as this is what I had on my line prior to today?

Knew would have to wait until someone at BT put in an extra notch on the cog fir the systems to catch up Smiley
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Regrade query

No, they should be IPStream Max, but I have a feeling it's put 2000 because it's received the Delta report (a report we get in from BT every day showing all our customers' sync speeds) showing you're still at 2Mbps on BT's BRAS. I might be wrong and I'm going to raise it internally to check up.
kreynolds
Grafter

Regrade query

Thanks Dave Smiley