cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regrade Start Dates?

N/A

Regrade Start Dates?

Hi,

Any idea when the regrades are going to start? BT seem to be starting the regrades for their customers immediately:

From 17 February 2005, we'll begin automatically upgrading existing BT Broadband and BT Yahoo! Broadband customers to the fastest speed available on their line - up to 2Mb.

I assume PlusNet are going to start in a similar manner, but I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere.

Regards,

James Mayl
5 REPLIES
N/A

Regrade Start Dates?

I think this is going to happen from April when BT start the MAXAdsl trials. So Plus.net can then regrade lines FOC and give you the fastest speed your line can cope with. BT have just upped the speed on current technology. Plus.net are hoping to use next generation of ADSL. Think this is correct.
N/A

Regrade Start Dates?

Anyone from PlusNet care to comment? Seems strange that BT can do there's now but we have to wait till April.

Regards,

James Mayl
N/A

Regrade Start Dates?

prolly just looking after their customers first
Community Veteran

Regrade Start Dates?

Anyone from PlusNet care to comment? Seems strange that BT can do there's now but we have to wait till April.

The BT upgrades are totally different.

PlusNet are upgrading to MaxDSL which gives you the fastest speed your line will support and give you any future speed upgrades as BT release them. MaxDSL is not available until April which is why PlusNet can't do the upgrades now.

BT Retail are just increasing their customers to a fixed 2Mbs speed - i.e IPStream home 2000, and their connections cannot be changed from that speed or be able to use a higher speed when available. These upgrades are available to do now and is what you would get if you asked PlusNet for a 2Mbs speed now.
N/A

Regrade Start Dates?

Question answered then Cheesy
Thankyou for the swift response.

Regards,

James Mayl