cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regrade Request Failed to take payment WTF

N/A

I pay by direct debit how can it fail to be paid. I dont want it put on hold I want it
asap b4 14 April when the FUP starts. All my payment details are correct and
upto date.

Ticket: 16324159
Assigned
Raised: 2005-04-09 18:27:12
by: Automatic
2005-04-09
18:27:12
Support

Open : This Customer has requested an upgrade from "PlusNet Broadband Home Premier 512k (Monthly Contract, No Modem) - Original - original" to "PlusNet Broadband Premier 30GB (Monthly Contract, No Modem)". A regrade order will be submitted automatically for this request at a cost of 12.76 (14.99 inc VAT); a separate adjustment for the account type change will be made upon completion
This customer would also like to be regraded to the fastest possible speed available on their line
2005-04-11
15:37:23
You

Assigned : (internal note) Automatic regrade process: Failed to take payment for regrade
2005-04-11
15:28:37

Assigned : Your Contact Us Ticket has been placed on hold until Monday 18th April.

Dear Customer

Thankyou for your recent request to change your account, however when placing your order we have been unable to take payment for the regrade fee therefore no order has been placed at this time. Please take time to review/update your payment details and append this ticket confirming your actions.

Kind Regards

Customer Support
12 REPLIES
N/A

I got the same thing happening last week. They can't take a one-off payment by direct debit. It needs to be a card. You go into your account details and add a card below your direct debit details.
N/A

One of payments cannot be taken for regrade payments, using Direct Debit.

As such, you need a valid Credit Card on your account, for such payments to be taken.
N/A

ok secondary card details added can someone sort it out for me plz.
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Hi,

Unfortunately we can't take a payment from the secondary card details, these are only used once the primary card has expired (i.e. after the expiry date).

If you give the support team a call we'll be able to get it moving for you.
N/A

I've updated the primary card credit card details just under DD details can
payment be taken from that instead of having to phone up.
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

Hi,

I've resubmitted it for you. The automated system should pick it up shortly and process it. Keep an eye on the ticket it'll be updated once it gets to the next stage.
N/A

Thanks m8 :lol:
N/A

Nice 1 got an e-mail so just waiting on BT now. Fingers crossed for 2mb.

PlusNet are pleased to confirm BT have accepted the order for your
broadband regrade and are now processing it. Regrades normally takes 5-7
days. If your phone line proves unable to support the new speed we will
refund the regrade fee in full.
N/A

Question: Why cant you make one off payments via direct debit. Paypal do it all the time from my account (and yes it is direct debit i.e. not taken from a switch card) when i purchase stuff, and the amounts change everytime.

Andy.
N/A

The amounts can indeed change. However, PlusNet bill customers in advance.

IE, they do not place these regrade or administrations fees onto your next bill, but take them with immediate effect.

It took me quite some time to understand that this is what is meant by the inability to take one-off payments.
N/A

I dont think thats the answer to the question. Now that i've thought about it it's probably more likely that the system they have setup doesn't allow for instant payment's. What's to stop them from just adding it onto the next direct debit that they take tho. There not going to be out of pocket for that long, 30 day's at most.

Andy.
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

Hi,

The direct debits we have aren't set up to take one off payments and our billing system isn't set up to add the regrade fee on to your next payment either.