cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Registration and Plusnet

N/A

Registration and Plusnet

Hello can anyone offer me some advise, I seem to just keep going round in circles.

My problems is this:

I have 2 domains (.co.uk) hosted with plusnet.
I wish to move these domains to a host which doesnt use a IPStag.
Plusnet will not change my nameservers as that would mean they 'hold registration for hosting elsewhere' which they dont do.
Nominet will move my registration away from plusnet but this is likely to cost either £15+Vat per domain or £80+VAT per domain or both.
My new hosting company don't support registration for .co.uk domains and suggest
move your domain name to another registrar, though, and they
may offer pricing that is better than going through Nominet directly.

Can anyone suggest another registrar (as quoted) as I haven't a clue where to start. I just want to move my domains!!

Thanks
3 REPLIES
MysteryFCM
Grafter

Registration and Plusnet

I've hosted domains with 1&1 Internet Ltd for years if thats any help?

www.1and1.co.uk
N/A

Registration and Plusnet

Thanks,

I think I've got round it. I have some domains registered with lowcostnames . It looks like I can transfer from Plusnet to them, then change my nameservers once the domain is there.
N/A

Registration and Plusnet

Yeh that's the way to do it :!: You can use PN transfer tool and if you select the like of ukreg.co. The once it's transferred you can change the DNS yourselve. Beleive that 1and1 suggested from a previous post you will have the same control. Wierd that PN will not do this as they charge £58 when the domain come up renewal ukreg will only charge £6.