cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Registering interest in broadband

N/A

Registering interest in broadband

Hi, several weeks ago, after receiving an email from Plusnet, I registered my interest online with you for broadband access. I note that there is still no interest registered on the BT broadband web page for my area.

Do you forward these registrations or is BT yet again playing its own game and ignoring the customer? Can you follow up on this and let us people know, after all Plusnet did bring the idea up to my attention with that email?

Cheers

Gary J
4 REPLIES
N/A

RE: Registering interest in broadband

> Hi, several weeks ago, after receiving an email from Plusnet, I registered my interest online with you for broadband access. I note that there is still no interest registered on the BT broadband web page for my area.
>
> Do you forward these registrations or is BT yet again playing its own game and ignoring the customer? Can you follow up on this and let us people know, after all Plusnet did bring the idea up to my attention with that email?
>
> Cheers
>
> Gary J

Hi,

At present the pre-registration data is passed to BT on a daily basis so I would expect the data to show on BT's page by now. Please raise a ticket on your account and we'll look into it further.

Regards,
Rob
--
| Robert Kelly...............Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Technical Support......................for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd............@ http://www.plus.net
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet ----- +

N/A

> Hi,
>
> At present the pre-registration data is passed to BT on a daily basis so I would expect the data to show on BT's page by now. Please raise a ticket on your account and we'll look into it further.
>
> Regards,
> Rob
>
Hi Rob,

I raised the query via ticket number 5237143.

The reply was:-

"Dear Customer,

It would be best for you to sign up for a pre-sign up ADSL account, after which when there is enough interest from customers within your area it will then be put forward to BT.

Regards Support"

This doesn't make sense and I have amended the ticket with my reply as follows:-

"I'm sorry, this makes no sense at all. I raised the relevant application as per the email from yourselves. It seems to me that you are saying, when enough people pre-register with Plusnet in my area, you will put it forward. This is not how the system is supposed to work, surely?"

Hopefully, other people will comment on this as either I'm missing something, or your staff at Plusnet are. Your previous answer to me seems to contradict the above.

Hoping you will light up the end of the tunnel for me,

Gary J
N/A

Hi gazjon,

This isn't strictly correct - apologies for the misguiding information given.

When you register your interest in ADSL with us, our script sends your details to BT who record your interest. Once *they* have enough interest in ADSL in your area, they will take steps to upgrade your exchange as they see fit.

For this reason, registering your interest is no guarantee that your exchange will be upgraded, however, the more people that register their interest, the more chance you have of being able to use the service in the future.

Regards,
Mark.

--
| Mark Hague...................Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Technical Support......................for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd..........@ http://www.plus.net
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet ----+

N/A

Just thought I'd point out that he said that his interest hasn't been added to the BT page, not that his exchange hasn't been enabled.