cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refused Upgrade

N/A

Refused Upgrade

Does any1 know if there is a way you can find out your line stats without a router? as the router i'm using doesn't give line adsl stats?

I have requested an upgrade (decided to pay as sick of waiting for the free upgrade) the upgrade was rejected because bt says no :shock: I only live 1.5k from the exchange and i'm pretty sure the line quality is good but I know you really don't know unless its checked... and I don't think F9 want to really help in finding out why. . .
4 REPLIES
N/A

Refused Upgrade

Ask F9 to carry out a whoosh test. Although this system is not as reliable in stats use as it used to be (told by BT engineer), it should give you some idea of what you are looking at. Be aware though, that the stats will vary from day to day. If you think the stats are "close enough" you can ask F9 to carry out a manual upgrade where it will be forced through, but if your line is unstable because of it, you will have to pay to downgrade again.

Regards

Mark
N/A

Refused Upgrade

Managed to borrow a router

ADSL Status Mode State Up Speed Down Speed SNR Margin Loop Att.
G.DMT SHOWTIME 288000 1152000 15.5 56.0

I guess the 56db loop attenuation is not a good start? but 15.5db SNR margin is good at least Smiley

Does any1 know whatthe figures actually need to be?

Cheers didit I asked f9 about it and they said no we reserve whoosh tests for line fault diagnostics!!!
N/A

Refused Upgrade

I think the db limit for 1MB (if I remember correctly) is 55db. And remind them that it is a potential line fault as you wish to know on what grounds your regrade failed.

Alternatively, I am sure one of the friendly CS agents will look into it if the ticket is still open and you post the ticket number (are you listening Dave Wink )

Regards

Mark
N/A

Refused Upgrade

the db limit for 1mb is 60db, while i think for 2mb is around 45db

regards
mike