cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refunds

N/A

Refunds

What is the procedure for obtaining a refund for loss of broadband service due to migration to LLU? Has anyone received a refund yet?

If any PN staff could advise I'd be very grateful: I've had a question open for some time asking for this information but no one has yet answered it (question no. 20292039).

Thanks.
7 REPLIES
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 5

Refunds

I'm sure I heard of a load of people getting their refunds when PlusNet 1st announced this. I assume that its still ongoing as an automatic thing. The refund is only given to people who have been without an LLU connection for longer than 7days, and is only given when the fault has been cleared. That was my understanding of a vauge memory anyway. I'm sure someone will jump in if I'm wrong.

Do you meet this criteria?

Phil
N/A

Refunds

I think you have it about right. At least thats how I remember it too.
N/A

Refunds

Do you meet this criteria?

I was LLU-ed without my permission or knowledge and had about 3 weeks without broadband.

Due to ongoing issues with random disconnections I've decided to move to a new ISP. Whether the random disconnections mean that PN feel it isn't sorted out I don't know. I'd hate to think that I could only get a refund if I continued to hang around for weeks/months waiting to see if they can sort out their problems.

I am hoping that when my account closes they will do the decent thing and give me an appropriate refund. But I can't get anyone to reply to this question!
N/A

Refunds

I think one of the criteria is that your problem is solved before a refund will be applied.
I'm sure I've read a couple of accounts from folks who have left before their fault has been resolved, and have been denied a refund.

I know that leaves you between a rock and a hard place, do you stay hoping they'll fix it and refund you some cash, or go and miss out?
Liam
Grafter

Refunds

LLU faults are applied automatically for customers who have received no service at all for a period of 7 days or more. They are only applied once the fault has been resolved and closed.

Customers migrating out will have to pay their 30 day notice period, and billing within this period will still be due. Any unused time after this 30 day period can be refunded pro-rata if you raise a ticket when your migration is complete.
Community Veteran

Refunds

The automated process has been known to fail, so you may need to keep on at them.
But I wish you luck with the ticket process where I just got excuses, fobbed off and denial.

I had to get the comms team involved, but once they where involved it was sorted very quickly.

Chilly
N/A

Refunds

Whether it was posting here or not I don't know, but I did finally get a response and a refund offer, which I've accepted. Thanks to the agent who replied.