cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refferal Values change

Community Veteran

Refferal Values change

Looks like my account has just had a price hike....
http://portal.plus.net/support/general/myreferrals_discount_info.shtml

What's happened to the refferals for the Dialup Lite account? These are now zero, they used to be 50p, this is an account that more or less has a 100% markup with no additional costs to pay to BT unlike ADSL and FRIACO accounts.

The only reason I noticed this is cos I was considering upgrading to 1mb due to all of the refferals I will be gaining soon looks like that plan has just been changed for me.
2 REPLIES
Ianwild
Grafter

Refferal Values change

Hi Chris,

To be honest, I hadn't registered that this was changing. We have made some improvements there too, but I will have to go and find out about why the Lite account referral vlaue has changed. The products does'nt have as much markup as you might think, based on the free hosting and bandwdith / webspace that people use this for...

Regards,

Ian
Community Veteran

Refferal Values change

The bandwidth and markup cost nothing compared to the price of the account, same goes for the Netstart which was also stealthily changed last year and noone kept the customers informed.

Sorry to have a go and be negative but Im putting an awful lot into refferals at the moment which should hopefully pay off in the next few months, this puts a big dampener on my plans and I will need to reconsider - go for free accounts.