cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Referrals - do you want business or not?

N/A

Referrals - do you want business or not?

I recommended your Business Netstart account to a client. He rang you to sign up and was told that he could only sign up on line. So how do you get new custom from people who haven't already got web access?

GA

As a matter of interest I've asked him to come to see me and I'll try and do it online for him.
3 REPLIES
N/A

RE: Referrals - do you want business or not?

Hi,

We only take signups online for a number of reasons and we do understand that makes it hard for a few people. The ways round this are:

1. If you have a modem, you can setup a dialup connection to 0845 1423000 with the username and pasword signup/signup. Provided your phone line presents CLI you will then get an internet conenction that you can use to signup.

2. Use a friend or colleagues PC, PC at work or Internet Cafe.

We have never taken signups over the phone. There are too many potential problems and customers need to read and agree to the T&Cs. Doing this in any other way would increases our sales costs and consequently we would have to charge more for our accounts.

The other problem is that, the way our system operates with Online Support tools, the ADSL tracker and Contact Us means that we do like customers to have an Internet connection to use while they are being signed up!

It may be that this policy costs us a few signups. I will be honest though and say that we believe it is worth that for the many benefits which exclusive online signup presents.

With Regards,

Ian Wild
PlusNet Customer Support
N/A

> Hi,
>
> We only take signups online for a number of reasons and we do understand that makes it hard for a few people. The ways round this are:
>
> 1. If you have a modem, you can setup a dialup connection to 0845 1423000 with the username and pasword signup/signup. Provided your phone line presents CLI you will then get an internet conenction that you can use to signup.
>
> 2. Use a friend or colleagues PC, PC at work or Internet Cafe.
>
> We have never taken signups over the phone. There are too many potential problems and customers need to read and agree to the T&Cs. Doing this in any other way would increases our sales costs and consequently we would have to charge more for our accounts.
>
> The other problem is that, the way our system operates with Online Support tools, the ADSL tracker and Contact Us means that we do like customers to have an Internet connection to use while they are being signed up!
>
> It may be that this policy costs us a few signups. I will be honest though and say that we believe it is worth that for the many benefits which exclusive online signup presents.
>
> With Regards,
>
> Ian Wild
> PlusNet Customer Support
>

I've actually done it for him, but I'd have thought that you would have gone the extra mile for a new customer - apparently the person he spoke to was " a right prat" - not my words, but it doesn't make me look good when I have told someone that I recommend you.
GA
N/A

Hi,

> I've actually done it for him, but I'd have thought that you would have gone the extra mile for a new customer - apparently the person he spoke to was " a right prat" - not my words, but it doesn't make me look good when I have told someone that I recommend you.

Well, as I say, when it comes to this sort of situation there are not a lot of options. Obviously I'm concerned though by the general response you got. If you can forward me the number of the person who called (iwild@plus.net) I may be able to trace that back on the phone system and do something about it.

With Regards,

Ian Wild
PlusNet Customer Support