cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Referral banners

espresso_mick
Grafter

Referral banners

:idea: How about an update of your referral banners.
3 REPLIES
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Referral banners

Hi,

I raised an idea last week after a suggestion on ADSLGuide to do just this. It has been accepted, and being looked in to. Is there anything specific you'd like to see changed?
espresso_mick
Grafter

Referral banners

nothing specific. the banners just seem to be a bit long in the tooth so to speak. i think they've been the same since I joined PlusNet, which has been quite a while now.
ScoUK
Grafter

Referral banners

Although not banner specific, I would like to see extra information on the My Referrals page.

I understand the reasons for not displaying the referred username/email address however I would like to see a complete list of all referrals which are attached to an account.. Regardless of whether or not that referral will result in a "pay-back". For those of us who "spread the word" and put banners on our site, it's difficult to track how successful those banners actually are. At least if the page listed say, 50 referrals but 45 were for Broadband EasyStart, we'd know were we stand.

In addition, the "Awaiting Signup from referred" is not very helpful.. A new item is created when we select a referral banner to use. The information this section shows is irrelevant to the referrals IMHO. Instead, what about some form of counter? For example, when someone clicks on a banner and a cookie is set, increment a counter to say that there are "x number of potential referrals". Then after 10 days, or whatever the cookie expiry is, decrement the counter. This would be more useful than the current Awaiting Signup data.

And finally, why not an additional column stating when the next discount should occur? Or at least specify whether the referred user is on a monthly or annual contract? This would allow users to keep track of when to expect discounts on their accounts