cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Referral Question

N/A

Referral Question

Hi,

I am about to recommend to a friend to sign up to PN. However, when I enter their phone number into the BT wholesale availability checker it reports this:

"For Telephone Number *********** on Exchange SYDENHAM

Your exchange is ADSL enabled, and our initial test on your line indicates that your line should be able to have an ADSL broadband service that provides a line rate up to 1Mbps. However due to the length of your line the 1Mbps service may require an engineer visit who will, where possible, supply the broadband service.
Our initial test on your line indicates that it is VERY UNLIKELY your line will support a reliable broadband service, with current technology. However, an order for 250Kbps broadband speed will still be accepted, but an engineer may need to visit who will, where possible, supply the service."

I checked the distance to the exchange on another availability website and it reports the distance as 1.2km.
Also another of my referrals lives just down the road and is connected to the same exchange as the above and when I enter this number, the wholesale report says there are no problems.

Is it possible that the wholesale site could be wrong?

If I were to supply the number in question to a member of PN staff is there any chance they could investigate?

Many thanks in advance
2 REPLIES
The_10th
Grafter

Referral Question

The line may not follow the same route as the house down the road and could also be a noisy line? Dunno for sure but I used to live 10 min walk from exchange and got max of 512kbps and now live 5 min walk from exchange and get 8Mbps.
James
Grafter

Referral Question

It's possible that the Wholesale site is wrong.

However, if an ELF (Early Life Failure) occurs, then we and then your friend, would be entitled to a full refund if within the first 3 months of service.