cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Referral Discount Banner - An update

Laugh
Grafter

I think it's known that there is a problem with the banner on the Member Centre page that shows how much discount you have earned. It was that it showed double the amount you should get. Well mine is now showing 3 times the amount.

It looks to me like something got reset 2 months ago (or didn't - as the case may be). It looks like it is adding the discount each month. Last month it was double. This month it is triple. I would expect it to be 4x the true amount next month.

If PN are monitoring this I'm submitting this to help you guys diagnose and fix the fault. I was going to raise a ticket but I didn't want to add to the queue on what really isn't a major fault.

Anybody else showing the same symptoms?
7 REPLIES
N/A

Yup - now up to £1.50. Do I have any grounds for claiming the reported discount? Wink It wouldn't be so bad if I wasn't already regretting having recommended PlusNet to my one and only referral... Sad
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Yep I get the same - I think others have raised it some time ago (actually a month ago when it was noticed). As you say - just looks like it is not resetting upon the billing date.

I guess they're too busy with mail server problems to worry about this at the moment Smiley But it doesn't look professional when the referral display has been wrong for so long.

Call me cynical, but I don't think it would have taken this long to resolve had it been a billing issue (in the customers favour) instead of just a display one Cheesy
Laugh
Grafter

It wouldn't be so bad if I wasn't already regretting having recommended PlusNet to my one and only referral... Sad

Embarrassment is good for the complexion Shockedops:
pjemmanuel
Grafter

Reply to a ticket I raised on this issue: -
Dear Mr Emmanuel,
Apologies for the confusion, our developers are currently aware of an issue where the portal is reporting the incorrect referral value. At the moment we do not have an ETA for this to be resolved.

So they know about it - just don't know how to fix it it would seem...
JonathanW
Grafter

Its still being worked on, its currently sat with the development team. So there shouldn't be any excuses from them about having to fix todays network/sever related email problems. Smiley

I know it doesn't look as professional as it could, having the wrong ammount up there, though that figure does represent something on your account itself. But it is being worked on, its just that everything else is being worked on as well, and some development issues do have to take priority.
Laugh
Grafter

Thanks Jon.

Like I said, I'm not having a pop here. The purpose of this thread is to say that the bug seems to be 'ADDING' the referrals each month, whereas all posts I saw previously simply said that the referral value was doubled.

I hope this helps your dev team solve the problem.
aetos
Grafter

Jon

Sorry but i don't agree with your reply, i raised this issue over the last two months

That should be plenty of time to resolve the problems

MArk