Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Referals - failed again!!

Robtheplod
Grafter

Hello

I've put this on the forums so other readers can see the problems I'm having (feel free to add if you also have this trouble). Each month I build up enough on my referals to pay for my account - great you may think! - each month Plusnet ignore this and charge me full whack - each month i raise a ticket and plusnet tell me it's sorted - sometimes I get a refund - sometimes it vanishes!. This has now been going on for almost a YEAR and I'm now getting *** off by the whole saga!!!

Please please please please Plusnet can you sort this out once and for all. I built this referal up so I could afford to upgrade but cant/wont until you fix your referal scheme.

Please dont ask me to just raise a ticket as this does not do any good.

Rob
18 REPLIES
lhorwath
Grafter

Hi Rob,

From looking at the problems you have had with referrals, I can only apologise as its a disgrace. There is a current problem open which your account is included in, this was carried over from the previous problem opened. I have put a ticket on your account which I have assigned to myself to check your account next week. Next week I will a) see if the problem has been closed & b) ensure the referrals work on your account.

For your reference it is ticket id 11142796

kind regards

Luke
Robtheplod
Grafter

Thanks for you help Luke - I cross my fingers but I've been down this road before many times ....

rob
Robtheplod
Grafter

Still not resolved - Plusnet have again deferred fixing this problem - it keeps being put back, escalated and closed without being resolved. please please please please please please address this problem as it's causing me real grief each month and losing me money!

rob

fingers crossed this time Huh!!!
i'm not really angry, just frustrated!
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Hi,

There is an issue with some of our back end coding that controls the referrals. This is likely something that is pecular to your account or your specific account type and circumstances. As such it isn't easy to find the exact cause.
Your referrals haven't been lost, all of the money accrued is still there.
Robtheplod
Grafter

It is at present, but come next month I will be invoiced by Plusnet and the referrals may dissappear - on rare occasions i get credited but mostly they go....

rob
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

Do you mean you don't get the money at all, either applied as a discount or refunded after the fact? I'd have thought that even if we have a problem applying it as a discount that you should still get the money refunded to you afterwards.
Robtheplod
Grafter

I do get the money credited sometimes, but mostly it just dissappears!!
It's as though the system thinks it's used it for my subscription, but I'm also charged as normal! so it's often costing me £50 odd a month in reality - you see why i'm so anxious to resolved this.

rob
jberry
Grafter

Hi Rob,

There are some weird things going on with your referrals, caused (i think) by the fact that you have services on your account. I will go through tonight and try and work out what the problem is but it will take a while and will end up with me raising a problem to our developers (I expect).

You will probably also get some missing referrals refunded (I have already found some from a cursory investigation). All the details will end up in a ticket on your account as I don't want to post specifics about referral values etc. here.

edit: I see that there is already an open problem on this. I will chase it up for you.

Regards,
Robtheplod
Grafter

Josh

please can you see if this can be brought to a conclusion - I've got the standard 'we cant look at it until ...' notice on contact us. This is now a joke as nobody has a clue how to fix it. This problem is now approaching it's anniversary!! (YES - 1 YEAR!! do I get a prize??). Why am I having this trouble and apparently nobody else ??
If I see another 'we cant look at it now but can on xx date' I'll scream!!
Plusnet are a good company and have been for years, but failure to address this issue consistently is really making me doubt the ability of tech support.

Will I be refunded all the lost referrals over this year ?? I estimate this to be around £150-£200 lost.

cheers

rob
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

Hi Rob,

I can only apologise for this situation. I believe that the problem is unique to yourself, likely down to the particular account and services you subscribe to and the number of referrals you have. As such it isn't an easy task to isolate the cause of the problem within the codebase. It'd be a lot easier if it was affecting a large number of customers.
Robtheplod
Grafter

That's nice to hear, but does not resolve the problem - would it help if i cancel the extra services ?

rob
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

To be honest, I don't know. It may be a combination of the other factors (and other things I haven't mentioned such as how you pay, DD or credit card, or how the people you referred pay) and the services are just a red herring.
N/A

The Key Word Here is admiited and used by a plusnet employee

DISGRACE, Disgrace,!!!!!!!!

I thought i had problems with plus net, jesus they havet Addressed your problems over the past year, that to me needs to be reported to a governing body. or maybe even watchdog and for somebody to be **..king sacked.

is it still going on!?? im interested to know
N/A

HMM - You might want to watch you tone a little davidbailey2004.

Looking at the problems, PlusNet have admitted it. There is little question about that part.

As they ahve said, whilst it only affects the one person, it is very damned hard to track it down.