cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reducing my PAYG usage allowance

N/A

I don't need my Data Transfer Watch set so high any more - but I don't seem to be allowed to reduce it. I can't see any small print that doesn't allow to to reduce it.
Is there any way I can reduce it, because I didn't realise it was set in stone like that?

[Despite this annoyance I must say that Plusnet have done a brilliant job of sorting out PAYG speeds for me at least, so thank you for that.]
12 REPLIES
James
Grafter

Raise a ticket with the amount that you want to get it set to and I'll ensure that it's done.

It seems to think you're on a legacy PAYG 6GB product. Or something.
Zathras
Grafter

Is Data Transfer Watch how you buy extra 2gb's on PAYG?
James
Grafter

From the Help and Support area:

8. Can I restrict how much I spend on extra data transfer?
Yes. Use the Data Transfer Watch tool at the Member Centre. This allows you to set a maximum amount that you are willing to spend on extra data transfer each month.
Zathras
Grafter

yeah I read that just wasnt sure if it was the way to order extra 2gb's or some type of parental lock thingy Cheesy
Liam
Grafter

Basically, it allows you to set a limit to how much you want to be able to go over your included (pre-paid) usage allowance by.

We automatically add on further 2Gb blocks after you go past the included bandwidth - however, you can set a maximum limit (in money terms) to ensure you never pay more than an amount you specify. When you hit this, instead of adding another 2gb block, we simply restrict your internet access.

If what you are saying is that you no longer need 6Gb included, then you can change the amount of pre-paid blocks by clicking "Upgrade" above and changing your included data transfer.
Community Veteran

You can adjust your included allowance via the red upgrade button on the view my broadband usage page (under Connection settings).

The Data Transfer watch figure just stops PN from automatically adding additional allowances to your account once you reach the limit you set.
Zathras
Grafter

thanks Cheesy
N/A

If what you are saying is that you no longer need 6Gb included, then you can change the amount of pre-paid blocks by clicking "Upgrade" above and changing your included data transfer.

But on that page it says 'Please confirm your changes', so I press the 'Buy' button and it takes me back to 6gb from the 4gb I had specified.

Do I not have to confirm my change?
Zathras
Grafter

Cant seem to buy any extra bandwidth, clicking on buy just takes me back to the previous page :?
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

What happens if you go to Upgrade at the top of this page, then Change your data transfer, then select the new amount? Or is that the way you were going?
Zathras
Grafter

Same thing happens. Originally I was going from the upgrade on the member centre page.
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Best thing then is to raise a ticket saying how much you want it changing to and we can do it internally and try and find out why it isn't working for you.