cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reduced cost of Premier?

kosh2
Grafter

Reduced cost of Premier?

Given the recent announcement by Plusnet re Usenet I feel we have to ask the following question.
39 REPLIES
sisgroup
Grafter

Reduced cost of Premier?

Yes i do think the should reduce this. As these options because available upon purchase of the contract and internet connection and now if they were to be faded out connection cost should differently be reduced.
kosh2
Grafter

Reduced cost of Premier?

Damn, slip of mouse. Can an admin or moderator edit the poll to remove the extra YeES and NO?
sisgroup
Grafter

Reduced cost of Premier?

Yes this happand to my poll as well i posted my 1st post and then my second. And the poll appeared to have disapeared so i went to redo it and it came up twise very werid lol :lol:
passer
Grafter

Reduced cost of Premier?

It's an interesting point. Clearly PlusNet knew they were going to withdraw Usenet today (unless the idea cropped up in a gossip next to the coffee machine this morning..!) Equally, they delayed the "Product Refresh" announcement till tomorrow. Hey guys - maybe they're going to offer us some money back, or some sort of increased allowances, or cheaper Premier, or......I'll get me coat.

edited to remove double post - don't know why that happened...
sisgroup
Grafter

Reduced cost of Premier?

So brandon2 does that mean you will leave PlusNet if nothing was to happen to forfill the loss of the USENET System :?:
N/A

Reduced cost of Premier?

I have tried editing the poll as the OP suggested with no joy. It would seem that it is a recent bug in the system.

I can however delete it for you Smiley if this were to help lol. ( Joke BTW :lol: please dont get overworked by this comment <g> ) Wink

Regards,
kosh2
Grafter

Reduced cost of Premier?

I would certainly leave if there was no change. i.e. reduction of cost. I would perhaps switch to PLUS service if I knew I could then use an external news server and get decent downloads. And still get some p2p and play games.

Hummm, that last line doesn't sound like I am the sort of customer they want any more. My usage per month is 10-20G average, mostly off-peak. Mostly usenet and lesser so P2P. What have they got against me?
b2hbm
Grafter

Reduced cost of Premier?

My useage is even less than that and I definitely feel conned - I only went to premier for usenet, don't do p2p, don't to gaming.

For me, either premier gets very much cheaper or I downgrade to £14.99/month on the plus package - I just can't see why I'm paying £7/month extra now. And PN should waive any charges for all those in similar positions to downgrade as well.
passer
Grafter

Reduced cost of Premier?

@sharky

No mate - I don't use the Usenet system. My gripe is with the erosion of absolutely everything I signed up for (just over a year ago). I'm now able to go. I like these forums, and the interchange of views and so on, but am increasingly in despair of the service provided. I was merely hoping that the bandwidth released by the Usenet withdrawal might in some way be used to benefit me, rather than just attract more non-intrusive customers (the sort who don't use bandwidth) to PlusNet. I'm not holding my breath. Sad
Community Veteran

Reduced cost of Premier?

Editting polls never works and hasnt for at least 3 years. The only option is to either ignore it or delete it and start a new one. If you do want to do this, let us know and we can lock this thread and link them for you if you like.
sisgroup
Grafter

Reduced cost of Premier?

Admitidly im a high end user but i pay for it so i should be able to use what i am now without any caps or trubbles like i had last week :x
N/A

Reduced cost of Premier?

I don't think the usage would be able to be sustainable in the long term with a reduction in the cost of Premier. That said, with the virtual unusability of the network for much of the weekend and more and more cutbacks in usage and features for Premier, I do feel that some sort of incentive/compensation should be given.
hitachi
Grafter

Reduced cost of Premier?

A lowish usnet user would be better with something like astrawebs pay by download service. £15 buys 90gb to use when you like and retention is far better than an ISP's service is going to be.
sisgroup
Grafter

Reduced cost of Premier?

A lowish usnet user would be better with something like astrawebs pay by download service. £15 buys 90gb to use when you like and retention is far better than an ISP's service is going to be.

who is astrawebs are they a free BB PAYG bb ISP? :?