cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reduced activation charge!

Ben_Brown
Grafter

We are pleased to announce that from today the activation charges for our broadband packages have been reduced.

The activation charge for an annual contract has been reduced to £47, and the charge if you choose a monthly contract is now just £58.75.

As an alternative to these options we are still offering the "You Stay, We Pay" scheme, which has been updated to reflect these new price.
14 REPLIES
N/A

Hi
Sorry to be a bit thick but does this mean the deferred payment amount will drop for existing customers.
Ben_Brown
Grafter

The deferred fees will not change for customers who have signed up before the activation charge was reduced.
N/A

Why wasn't I told this yesterday when I rang up to try to cancel my account?

PlusNet Customer Support
Now recruiting - See our Careers Page for more details

Funniest thing I've read all day. Can I have a job? :lol:
aeroalfie
Grafter

The deferred fees will not change for customers who have signed up before the activation charge was reduced.

why not?
N/A

Because those activations had been charged by BT at the higher rate. It is the charge BT apply that is deffered.

It is only newer activations billed at the lower one.
N/A

why not?

Clearly because Plusnet have already paid the charge. If they don't get a reduction, why should you?

On a side note, I must admit that when I first came to these forums (after signing up) I was worried about the service because of all the bad press. Turns out it's just a load of serial whingers who've nothing better to do.
glloyd
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Oh my gawd! Because PlusNet have paid the OLD amount!
N/A

Turns out it's just a load of serial whingers who've nothing better to do.

not entirely true my friend, some of the serial whingers have valid complaints
N/A

i wuoldnt mind the database admin job lol or the programmer one lol....if i was older and had more experience. only a year and a summer in desktop support/software support, database admin and application support mainly web application in asp. got MS sql administration experience MYSQL experience and oracle but i am only 22 and just going into my final year god damn no luck....lol

dow im in top of scotland tooo.

why should they loose money for you to get a discount not good business and not fair on the rest.
N/A

We have had claim and counter claim on that debate now, so I think it should be left there and the subject returned to the topic at hand
aeroalfie
Grafter

Pjbonovox, glloyd, paulphillips7

It said no where in the opening posts the activation charges are charged by an outside company so keen your knickers on ok.
Community Veteran

Announcing this to a forum full of existing/new customers who are subject to the old prices was bound to raise a few objections, but at least if anyone on here is responsible for signing up friends/clients, then its good news.

A line has to be drawn somewhere between those subject to the old prices and those subject to the new - although I do feel sorry for those who may have missed out by only a few days.
N/A

why not?

Clearly because Plusnet have already paid the charge. If they don't get a reduction, why should you?

On a side note, I must admit that when I first came to these forums (after signing up) I was worried about the service because of all the bad press. Turns out it's just a load of serial whingers who've nothing better to do.

Thanks for that. I only signed up on the 23rd of August, then the T&Cs changed a day later meaning the service was different from what I signed up for. PlusNET want to charge me to leave, even though it is them that changed the contract to my detriment. Pretty impressive I've managed to become a "seriel whinger" in less than a week. I just want to change ISP for free, like the "guarantee" promises. :roll:
N/A

Thanks ben for the quick reply. No harm in asking. :lol: