Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Redirected to Service Information page

lockettpots
Grafter

Hi
Over the past couple of days I have had a lot of redirections to BT wholesale Service Information page .You know, the one that says "You have been connected to this page due to one of the following reasons...........Blah,blah etc"

Any idea what could be causing this? I'm a bit of a thicko as far as the web is concerned Sad

John
3 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Hate to use jargon but...

It's a DNS error, not sure what you can do about it though, try PN would be the best advice I can give but no doubt someone else will know better.
Ben_Brown
Grafter

This is often caused when a router picks up some BT DNS servers instead of ours, and can happen if the PPP connection is dropped but the connection to the exchange is ok.

In many cases this can be fixed by specifying our DNS servers in the router manually. We have four servers to choose from:

lockettpots
Grafter

Thanks very much

I've manually set my router DNS settings to the first two in the posting (No mean feat for me. Pat on the back!!!!) and so far everything is going fine. Most of the redirects happened when I was trying to connect to Italian web sites and I've had no trouble doing so since setting the DNS servers.

Again thanks for your help Cheesy