cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Record

N/A

Record

4 disconnections in 110 minutes... Sad

PlusNet used to be a great Internet Service Provider...

Moderators note by John (johnessex) Full capitals title made lower case as per the Link:rules
16 REPLIES
benskia
Grafter

Record

I agree - 'Used to be'.

Once the digital distribution of movies becomes the norm as it has done for music, nobody will put up with this crud & plusnet will end up history if they carry on like this.
Liam
Grafter

Record

As I have posted elsewhere - we are treating this as our number one priority internally.

Our network engineers will be performing some diagnostics overnight to try and isolate the cause of the issue. We have also installed some Cisco routing kit alongside the Tiscali gateways to identify where the issue is happening.

I do apologise, and appreciate the frustration. But I do assure you that we are working very hard to get this resolved.
N/A

Record

Can you also diagnose why the hell I cannot even get on my own plusnet website and haven't been able to for 2 days?!?!?!

Plusnet site is the slowest on the net for loading times, my own damn website is the one I cannot get onto of all the sites I visit! I get more timeouts on my own site, hosted by plusnet, using plusnet BB connection, than any other!!

Why is there ALWAYS one problem or another. My emails are still the same, gave up on that long ago, plusnet don't seem to be doing anything. How many times have people posted (me included) that a website or email server has blocked PN. All we are ever told is "We have emailed them about it."

I'm expecting to get disconnected any time now, I'm 25% the way through 2 torrents. Every time....

Cucumber sandwich anyone?
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Record

Hi,

I just tried www.lostboyuk.plus.com and that seems to load for me, is that the site you are having a problem with?

Regarding the portal, we are making changes to improve loading times including new hardware and optimising the code but this will take time to complete.

If people block us for one reason or another then there is only so much we can do. Some of the lists like SORBS tend to blacklist mail servers based on a single report of spam and make you jump through all kinds of hoops to get de-listed. Other lists or ISP's just don't respond via their official channels and make it difficult as they can it seems, believe me it isn't a situation we are happy with, and many other ISP's are in exactly the same position (have a search in Google for SORBS delist problems there are dozens, probably hundreds of people in the same situation).
N/A

Record

It's my domain name which does not want to work, haven't been able to access it for 2 days.
I have tried lostboyuk.plus.com/Texas/index.html that doesn't want to work either.

All I'm getting is "Waiting for 127.0.0.1....." at the bottom of my firefox, then timeout error. Won't work with IE either.
N/A

Record

Works fine here - sounds like you have something intercepting your web browsing - Norton internet security perhaps? (or similar?)
N/A

Record

Thanks.
I haven't changed anything, got anti-virus (AVG) and zone alarm running, same as usual.
Nothing different than usual. I've done a restart, launched IE and firefox (not at same time), tried to go straight to my site, no joy for couple of days.

My ftp (cute ftp 7) connects fine.
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

Record

127.0.0.1 is the loop back IP address for your PC rather than the IP address of our webserver. If it's trying to go to this IP rather than the correct one then I'd suggest checking the proxy settings in your browser or possibly the hosts file in case there's an entry for your domain.

Also, just want to check that you are using

http://www.lostboyuk.plus.com/Texas/index.html

or

http://lostboyuk.plus.com/Texas/index.html

as the first will point at our webserver and the second at your static IP address.
Community Veteran

Record

Zone Alarm privicy settings perhaps?
Do you have auto updates enabled for ZA?
Maybe a recent update is causing probs.
carrot63
Grafter

Record

there was mention on another thread somewhere on these forums that there was indeed a recent dodgy update to ZA causing problems with accessing sites.

http://portal.plus.net/central/forums/viewtopic.php?t=48439

Moderators note by John (johnessex) Full quote of preceding post removed as per the Link:rules
N/A

Record

127.0.0.1 is the loop back IP address for your PC rather than the IP address of our webserver. If it's trying to go to this IP rather than the correct one then I'd suggest checking the proxy settings in your browser or possibly the hosts file in case there's an entry for your domain.

Also, just want to check that you are using

http://www.lostboyuk.plus.com/Texas/index.html

Yes, that's the one I am trying to use. Neither that nor the doamin name are working again. After it says Waiting for 127.0.0.1, it then says "Opening page www.texasandco.co.uk" then I get timeouts.

It worked last night for a brief period, now it's dead again.

No, I haven't updated ZA.
The proxy settings on my browser are fine, they have never changed!
Sometimes my own website works, more and more often it doesn't.
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

Record

I'd almosy certainly say that it was the host file then. Something is returning 127.0.0.1 when it does a DNS lookup for your site. Most likely cause of that is if the site has been set locally in the host file on your machine.
Community Veteran

Record

Hi

I noticed this whilst that page of your site opens >Pic

You can see that my browser is looking to local host for some reason, the page then go's on to load ok.

The bottom section of that picture is the source for that page, and as you can see, my Zone Alarm has added something to it.
I have privacy controls for cookies, ad blocking and mobile code control, switched to OFF. I don't know what you have yours set to.

Anyhow make of it what you will, as I am unsure what it means.
I just thought it might be interesting seeing as you yourself seem to stall at a point where your browser is looking to local host 127.0.0.1
carrot63
Grafter

Record

I occasionally use an old MAc OS9 version of IE, and it also stalls and waits before loading the page if it comes across a reference to a javascript file mistakenly pointing to the designers local disk. I'm guessing, but I assume this 'feature' was intentional, as the awaited script might be fundamental to page structure and affect the rendering of code coming after it.

Its not your Zonealarm thats added the

<!-- ZoneLabs Privacy Insertion -->

Seventhstar; I also have it and dont have zonealarm, so it's in the page as delivered.