cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommending Plusnet through referrals

retep
Grafter

Apart from the Pay as you go options I find it impossible to recommend Plusnet for a referral. Its not that I think they are worse than BT, Tiscali, Wanadoo and so on its just that they (and the competition) don't exactly specify what you get, I can't tell the difference.

On the high usage accounts, Its ' Fair Usage' or some other comment. Can I ask Plusnet to be more specific in what they offer. 'Unlimited Access' may not be the magic words they think they are.

Okay I know its a user forum but I thought I would ask.
7 REPLIES
___oDiN__
Grafter

plusnet dont offer unlimited and havent for some time

i think the packages now are quite clear on the limits imposed and the policys linked to them

but if u are in any doubt a ticket to a cs agent with the package in question should get you the info you require

i am now back to referring people to plusnet which i had put on hold while everything was up in the air.
retep
Grafter

Clear and accurate!?

I can't recommend 'designed for' and 'suitable for' to recommended it to another user I need - it gives you '5Gb per month' at contention rate xx:1.

Quote from broadband plus - on page

http://www.plus.net/residential/broadband/broadband_plus.shtml?link=resbb_pluslink

"Broadband Plus is not suitable for data-intensive applications such as file-sharing and large downloads. As a guideline, Broadband Plus is designed for around 5GB usage at peak times per month. If you think you need more than this, or you use peer-to-peer on a regular basis, take a look at Broadband Premier or Broadband Pay As You Go."
___oDiN__
Grafter

whats unclear about that

to me it says if your usage is higher than 5gb the package is unlikely to be suitable
N/A

The description needs to be extended to include WHY it isn't suitable. i.e. the throttles.
retep
Grafter

Okay, I am glad you find it clear.

I disagree, but I am glad you are happy with a contract that says 'designed for' and 'suitable for' I have a time share villa you may just be interested in ....

Apologies for the tease.

Peter.
N/A

As a guideline, you can go 70 mph. But I sure as hell reserve the right to nick you at 65 mph if I feel like it Cheesy
tcs2000
Grafter

A few months back I was praising Plusnet to friends but now after this latest restriction on BB+ there is no way I would refer them to join.
If Plusnet can do this now then who is to say that they would not change things again.
We would get to know AFTER the changes as well!
I don't know what to do now.I'm very tempted to leave (like a lot of others have done).
I'm hopeful that Plusnet will get their act together,see sense, and make some adjustments to the changes they have enforced.