cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recent Problems...

N/A

Recent Problems...

I've manage to resist piling into the discussions about the recent problems, as there are already more than enough people discussing it already, but I've just had the 4th problem with my link this evening and my bile is boiling, my goat is up, my hackles are very much raised.

Over the last few weeks I have been getting fairly regular drops in either connection or routing. Sometimes it is a proper dropped connection, sometimes it is an active connection without any routing - i.e. I can't even see PlusNet, the results of trying to trace a route to your DNS servers being something like:
1 <10 ms <10 ms <10 ms 192.168.1.1
2 * 217.47.32.129 reports: Destination net unreachable.

This seems to happen most between about 1800 and about 2100 - i.e. when I must often want to use the 'net.

Also I have seen a noticeable drop in interactive performance, specifically SSH sessions to the webhosts I have accounts on (this is not the web hosts - I get consistently better results from the ADSL link at work (previously both my PlusNet link and that GXN link performed almost identically). This also affects my SSH-tunnel based access to the office network (used two-or-three evenings per week, and occasionally during the day).

What is the problem here? Is there a solution?

If the situation doesn't improve significantly over the next week , I am jumping ship. Yes, it will cost me. Yes, there will be hassle involved in the switch. But it is getting to the point where the "convenience" of staying as I am simply doesn't exist.

You might like to know that you have already lost two potential customers over this after they asked for my opinion of the ISP I use. One is sticking with his cable account, the other (who is upgrading from dial-up) intends to go with another provider.
2 REPLIES
N/A

Recent Problems...

They do not like.

Plusnet could not give a toss what you or me or many others think.
N/A

Recent Problems...

Unfortunately it appears that ssh is subject to peak time management along with usenet (external) and p2p.