cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Really pee'd off with Plusnet...

N/A

Having had a long standing issue with my 2mb connection to Plusnet BT finally fixed the problem which was the card in the exchange. During the life of the fault I had my line downgraded to 1mb from 2mb.

Now I want it put back to 2mb after the problem being fixed and not being related to connection speed whatso ever Plusnet are now refusing to give me a 2mb connection :x

My line loss downstream is 43db and the Margin is 24db. BT engineers that visited my property said these figures would be fine for the 2mb connection yet Plusnet seem to think otherwise.

When I originally had the 2mb service I was getting line loss of 56db and a margin of only around 13db and Plusnet gave the 2mb connection then. Now I have much better figures (and a margin which is extremely high according to a BT engineer) they are refusing to let me have the 2mb connnection restored.

What are other customers thoughts on this? Anyone else had similar issues? What do Plusnet staff responding on this forum have to say?

I am not letting this go and will be calling the Supportline again when I get home from work to take this further. I either want the 2mb line or my contract cancelled so i can go else where and get a 2mb connection!
28 REPLIES
N/A

Re: Really pee'd off with Plusnet...

I am not letting this go and will be calling the Supportline again when I get home from work to take this further. I either want the 2mb line or my contract cancelled so i can go else where and get a 2mb connection!

There is no further to go in plusnet, the person you speak to on the phone is as far as you can get.

You're best off writing an official complaint and sending it to them via recorded delivery. I would also ask for a refund for the time you were left without a full service.
Ben_Brown
Grafter

I've responded to this via the ticket system.
N/A

Thank you Ben! After two calls to the support line last night requesting this and then the ticket being shut again today refusing to do what you have done I had no other route to go than to post here! Thank you for the quick response Cheesy
N/A

What a surprise! My upgrade request has been cancelled after Ben manually requested it.

What the hell are Plusnet playing at Evil

I am still being told my line is not good enough to support 2mb. Why? It was when I first jouined and then I had loop loss downstream of 56db and snr margin of 11 or 12db.

Now I have a looploss of 42db and a margin of 20db+ Absolutle boll0cks my line wont suport 2mb.

I shall be calling later when I get home to kick up a fuss again and then will be requesting my contract be cancelled so I can go to another ISP that wont mess me about like Plusnet has.

Absolute joke!!!
JonathanW
Grafter

Hi,

If a regrade has been cancled, after Ben has submitted it, then this is most likely due to the fact that BT has rejected the order, rather than ourselves. As all we do is use the BT system to both order and check a line.

I've added a note to your account, as more detail can be given there.
N/A

Thanks and I have replied accordingly. I live less than 1.5 miles from the exchange, have a downstream loss of 42db and an snr margin of 20+db. Please explain why that is not good enough for a 2mb line as Plusnet put me on 2mb when I joined and my line had far worse figures then.
JonathanW
Grafter

This is most likely due to legacy information in the BT Database, as they can take quite some time to update it, if they do actually get around to updating it for you.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 57

Jon,
Why not get the database changed for your customer. If you don't know how have a talk to Metronet_James. Now that would really be a plus point Cheesy
N/A

No this will be something they have only recently put in the database - probably while I had the fault on my line. I want BT to upgrade the line to 2mb and only Plusnet can do that for me as I am not able to contact BT Wholesale myself.

If BT refuse to do this I will look at cancelling my phone line with them and my contract with Plusnet altogether and use cable instead as I am getting very annoyed with this whole situation.
N/A

OK well I have seen the notes on my new ticket and will wait until Monday and see what happens.

I understand BT are the difficult party here by putting a black mark against my line but I just hope Plusnet fight my corner for me and don't keep me in the dark ages on a 1mb line.
N/A

Well BT won and I lost so thought that meant I was indefinately limited to 1mb as they had a note in the database for my address.

However I got this reply from Plusnet when closing the call:

Your not going to be restricted to 1meg, When BT launches the new speeds we should see speed increases for all customers including those that are on 512kb and 1meg once there exchanges have become enabled.

What does this mean and when are BT planning on making changes? Is this new technology? Is it going to work for me even though I have a poor quality line from the exchange?
N/A

Can Plusnet staff answer the above please?
janitor
Grafter

I'm not plusnet staff but hope this maybe of help at the moment BT are trialing a product called MAXDSL this is BT own upto 8meg system it also means your line will be set to the highest it will take although i think +net are to charge an upgrade fee for this, i believe if the present trials are sucessful it will start upgrading exchanges about april. Hope this helps and if i'm incorrect in this i'm sure someone will correct me. Cheesy
N/A

Thanks for your reply. Thing I don't understand is how will this make my line more capable for receiving higher speeds. My exchange is currently 2mb enabled but BT say my line is too poor to have anymore than 1mb. Surely the maxdsl wont improve my line qulaity or are they saying this new technology will work on lower quality lines?