cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Really good P2P speeds today

simonh
Grafter

I've been getting good speeds today on bit torrent, 118kB/s on a 1meg connection. Lately they haven't been too good, for "obvious" reasons, is today a one off? Anyone else having good speeds today?
7 REPLIES
N/A

Since yesterday, my p2p speeds have been perfect, they was good before but like you, I am getting top speeds for my connection.

I am however being very careful when I download large files, which means all large files are going to be set to download overnight or off-peak, I know some people get their knickers in twist when they feel they cant do what they want with their connection, when they want, but I have no problem setting software to download large files overnight or off-peak.
N/A

i too have noticed the speed increase
N/A

Yep speeds very nice :lol:

Keep it up plusnet Cheesy
N/A

is this speed improve done by +net to give an impression, that by capping or shaping some big users that the low users benifit, and to split the camp? im a low user 5 gig max a month, but my speed has been terrible, on downloads, i use movieflix it is legal etc and I have used p2p utter rubbish.

If a isp can change t&c, and do shaping then speed improvement is also a possibilty
simonh
Grafter

is this speed improve done by +net to give an impression, that by capping or shaping some big users that the low users benifit, and to split the camp?

Not sure about that. I consider myself to be a medium user, anywhere between 30 and 50 gig a month (although last month I did go upto 80-ish gig). I don't complain about low P2P speeds because there are too many factors involved, not just +net, but I did notice more of a decrease around the time the shaping started. Whatever has happened, I hope it sticks.

(edited to fix tags)
N/A

Well, I have three torrents running, two of which have >2000 seeds, and the total combined speed hasn't breached 35kb/s all day.

Perhaps it's because I'm being a pain in the a$$ to them?

so much for "premier speeds for all types of useage" and "peak time performance" ey? Cheesy
simonh
Grafter

One thing just struck me, on Friday I raised a ticket to enquire about any charges I would incur if I was to migrate out, got a reply in 20 mins, and speeds improved on Saturday. Not that I'm a conspiricy theorist or anything....it's probably just a coincidence. Wink