cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Real Time Online support

N/A

Real Time Online support

I know at least one site that offers this (iomega) it is where you have a small chat window on the site.. and you enter your query and then they get some one to come and chat with you .. like IRC.. however it lets you get real time help while being close to your PC and not gettin a phone bill Smiley (always nice) also it means if u have a dial up service you can get support and try it out as you go with out having to disoconect.. phone up.. connect .. test.. disconect.. call again if it didnt work.

also it would mean you would not have to wait about 6h for an email, or get talked down to by some one on the phone

Mr A Cousins
21 REPLIES
N/A

Real Time Online support

This would be a nice system. IRC could allow other customers to help each other out, however, would not be private enough for some questions (unless you use the PM system). Perhaps a LiveChat (web based) like on some hosting company sites would be better?
N/A

Real Time Online support

When you say "it would mean you would not have to wait about 6h for an email" are you talking about the Contact Us ticketing system?

I have found the ticket response times on Contact Us fast. One thing you must understand, having the software inplace to make a "real time support chat" work, does not mean it is possible / feasible - for the same reason ticket responses and phone call responses are not instant / realtime. There aren't enough support staff to cater for every customers problem at exactly the same time. If there were, plusnet would have to charge much, MUCH more to make up for the hugeoverheads.

If they did implement a chat system with the current staff setup, it would end up like AOL's "Tech" chat, where 99% of the time you are referred to their helpline or you are given a standard response to the problem (which usually does not help).
N/A

Real Time Online support

IRC could allow other customers to help each other out,

Aren't these forums "real time" enough Smiley
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Real Time Online support

If you require a Live chat then something is seriously wrong with your connection, eg No connection, so how are you going online to chat?

By phone me thinks Shockedops:
Unvalued customer since 2001 funding cheap internet for others / DSL/Fibre house move 24 month regrade from 8th May 2017
N/A

Real Time Online support

I think he mentioned having a dialup connection Smiley
N/A

Real Time Online support

yea i have been demoted to my REAAAALLLLY bad 56K modem with a REALLLY bad ISP *not killed subscription yet* since my DSL is dead... and it wont work.. so yea .. this is why i would like to see real time chat.. maybe just an irc chan on efnet or anther popular IRC server so that u can go into it and ask a qu.. and get a good ans.. then if some one ans with a good ans.. u can then PM Them and follow up .. and yea i didnt know that the forums would get this quick Smiley 5 responses in like 10 mins.. nice Cheesy

Mr A Cousins
N/A

Real Time Online support

The forums are pretty alive, even at this hour. I agree with an unofficial help room, which would have to be run by customers, as I doubt plusnet would be willing to use up it's support staff.
N/A

Real Time Online support

id help run it.. i have a good knolage of networking and Operating systems and stuff... just dont seem to have the knack with Solwise routers.. /me goes to get ma self a Cisco Router hummm cisco.. hummmmmmmmm

Mr A Cousins
N/A

Real Time Online support

Actually, IIRC, this idea was raised before - can't remember which direction it went. Like I said - I think plusnet would be fine with an unofficial channel, manned by customers. Might be able to ask them to pop a link to it or something. Anyway - just have to see what the official repsonse is.
N/A

Real Time Online support

true true.. well lets wait and see Smiley
N/A

Real Time Online support

Aha, found the thread : here (it was just down the page!). According to acarr in that thread, it has already been accepted and been planned to go with the portal. So I guess it's just a matter of waiting - and I guess it's pretty low on their priority list :?
N/A

Real Time Online support

heh.. Hijack it and set up our own one Smiley

hehe

efnet.demon.co.uk #plusnet

if u wanna join it hehe
N/A

Real Time Online support

Aha, found the thread : here (it was just down the page!). According to acarr in that thread, it has already been accepted and been planned to go with the portal. So I guess it's just a matter of waiting - and I guess it's pretty low on their priority list :?

The original thread regarding an IRC room is here

Voting showed 50% for and 50% against. I still think that it's a good idea and one which would surely help both +net customers and support staff when they are busy doing other things, although I shudder to think what those other things may be!

Personally I would prefer a site that is anarchic and useful. A format that could provide such a site would be something like this

Oh and by the way, it may be fun to use. You never know do you?

Cheesy
craigbrass
Grafter

Real Time Online support

Well I have been told they are creating a chatroom for the portal for users to chat in but that is just for users and not staff. Another live chat thingy with the support staff would be nice where you log into the portal and a button appears saying if staff are avalable or not and if they are, you click it and it waits for the next avalable staff member. I would rather have this and get rid of the tickets system. If you want to have a look and see what I mean go to http://www.dedicated-servers.co.uk .