cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Real Time Bandwidth Checker?

N/A

Hey,

Is there a way i can see how much bandwidht ive used on the cgi server in real time? maybe using telnet or cron jobs?

Any ideas?

Thanks, Tim
9 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Nope, not in real time.

You could turn on webstats for your cgi webspace and see your daily traffic figures - thats as close as your going to get.
N/A

oh ok, i have that already installed, is there any scripts i could use to see how much a certain link is being clicked or anything?

Tim
Community Veteran

yes, it's called webstats.
N/A

Can i download and install it?
Community Veteran

Webstats as in plusnets webstats pages which you already have enabled.

You could run it yourself on the CGI server if you wanted - See the tutorials forum: CGI: Setting up Webstats - Webalizer.

But this is the same info as the plusnet webstats produces (it uses webaliser) so I don't see what additional info you will get from it. It would allow you to customise it but your on your own for that.
N/A

Ok, would it let me show my real time stats?

Tim
Community Veteran

See my first answer!
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Hi Tim,

The webstats can only show the previous days data (and further back). It can't do it on any greater frequency because the stats are only processed once per day.

It will show you volume of traffic across the site in hourly breakdowns. Depends really on exactly what you want to see as to how useful you'll find it.
N/A

Ok, thanks for all the help Smiley Maybe il i make a thread in the ideas forum, anyway, On last thing, let say i went over my daily allowance, only a one-off and had nerver happened before, what would happen? would they stop my webspace until the day is over? or longer?