cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reading message headers in (default) mailbox

N/A

My default mailbox contains just over 35,000 messages - mainly of spam.
However before deleting them via http://usertools.plus.net/delmail/ I want to have a quick look to try and ensure that some real messages might have come through.
The mailbox is showing about 20 messages per page - but when I click on Show All Nothing is displayedHuh
3 REPLIES
Laugh
Grafter

I'm not surprised. There's a very good reason that a submariner does not open the top hatch when under water :shock:

[EDIT] Oops! forgot to put this on! Shockedops:

http://www.mailwasher.net/ will apparently download just the headers for you. I've heard very good things about it and it's free! Cheesy

Anyone else know of anything better?
Community Veteran

Webmail is never intended to be used to view that many emails.

I suggest you use one of the free apps that allow you to view the headers via an IMAP/POP3 connection instead of downloading the messages, these can also identify spam messages and delete them for you. Mailwasher is one such app.

Or setup an email client to use IMAP to your mailbox and view the headers that way.

Even with the above you may struggle to look at all 35,000 emails with any app.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

In webmail, under options, display preferences, you can select how many messages are on each page. I wouldn't go bonkers and put a huge figure in, but it responds at a sensible speed if you view them 500 at a time which you could check and delete.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)